The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
yeesh, so you also suffer from this chronic procrastination when it comes to studying chemistry. :tongue:

hahahahaha thank you man, it's decent but I didn't get it certificated for January 2016 because I didn't register from my school, but as a private candidate. It's gonna be certificated along with all my other Maths modules. 5 As at AS looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself :tongue:

Ohh okay :smile: Yes man - 5 As at AS is amazing!

Spoiler

While 16 students managed to get 300 UMS in IAL AS Maths

This is worldwide statistics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SaadKaleem

Spoiler

Unfortunately not.

Quite possibly.

Mind linking me? :biggrin:
Reply 503

Spoiler

Honestly, the 600/600 is all pure luck with boundaries and scaling. I knew two people who got 600/600 in Maths and they are far less talented than Zacken - one did not even do A-level FM.
Reply 504

Interested in the link too!
Original post by Zacken

Mind linking me? :biggrin:

Interested in the link too!

No public link, but it's an official statement from a senior examiner of Edexcel Maths.

Don't ask how'd I got to know about this :biggrin::colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Honestly, the 600/600 is all pure luck with boundaries and scaling. I knew two people who got 600/600 in Maths and they are far less talented than Zacken - one did not even do A-level FM.

Indeed, purely luck.
yeesh, so you also suffer from this chronic procrastination when it comes to studying chemistry. :tongue:

still 3 months left, which means theres plenty more time to procrastinate:biggrin:
Reply 508
Taking a look at Zacken's A-level results has really struck a surge of motivation through me. I've been lethargic, complacent and just downright lazy this last week; almost on the verge of giving up. It will be a mountain to climb to get where I want to be, but looking at him, I think to myself, "if he can self-teach and pull this out in 3 months flat, what's stopping me?" He truly is an inspiration with the great heights he has achieved and will achieve in the future.

I worked hard this January, especially for M2 and FP1 and I fell short of what I wanted to get by a very big margin. I also flunked my school mocks pretty badly. I'm not letting these small failures get to me - I will get where I want to be this June, there is absolutely no alternative and no excuse.

Today's objectives:

Redo my Physics Unit 4 mock paper - completed

Do a Chemistry Unit 5 past paper

Do S3 June 2009

Start working on the FP units, starting from FP2

Since it's also the first day after results day, I'm setting a few targets before we reach April.

Targets for the month:

Finish off the review exercises for FP2 and FP3 and get started on TeeEm's workbooks

Be at 95% level for C34, S2, S3, M3 and FP2

Be at A* level for Physics

Finish off all Chemistry Unit 5 past papers up to January 2013

Achieve AAAB in my school's second string of mocks with 90% in every Maths module and 85%+ in every Physics module (not sure how possible this is!) Chemistry can wait till later.

Reply 509
S3 June 2009
Marks attained - 70/75
Time remaining - 37 minutes

Not a bad first S3 mock, if I do say so myself. It seems really easy, much easier than even S2 if I do say so myself.

Q1 - ugh - nasty sampling theories. Cut a mark here for bad wording.
Q2 - confidence intervals, plugging numbers into formulas. Lost 3 in the first part for dividing by 10\sqrt{10}
Q3 - easy SRCC and following test
Q4 - S1 stuff with CLT????
Q5 - ****, FORGOT TO POOL THE CELLS AND HAD TO REDO IT
Q6 - Ok. Surprised I got the assumptions right here.
Q7 - n = 43, not 44. Not sure how I rounded incorrectly... -1.
Q8 - oooh, lovely!
Reply 510
I got my TI-84 today, can either of you teach me how to use it? XD

12823128_10209440399952817_166530050_o.jpg

How cute, I can show you the ropes but I'm not too proficient at it, the nspire looks way different and that's the one I know how to use. xD

12823128_10209440399952817_166530050_o.jpg

First thing I ever did with my new Casio.

Took me an hour in free period to type in

My teachers were impressed
Reply 513
Original post by Zacken
How cute, I can show you the ropes but I'm not too proficient at it, the nspire looks way different and that's the one I know how to use. xD

Anything that will get me past basic addition and subtraction. I picked up on sketching Cartesian and polar graphs, although I can't scale them or anything. Even a good tutorial video would be nice!

My lord. That looks painful, but very worth it..
Anything that will get me past basic addition and subtraction. I picked up on sketching Cartesian and polar graphs, although I can't scale them or anything. Even a good tutorial video would be nice!

This looks good. But what I find helpful is to just start using the calculator and everytime I wonder how to do something whilst doing a question, I google it. e.g: I was working with matrices the other day and wanted to know how to do cross products on the Nspire, googled it, learned it and got back onto the calculator. You should look up roots of polynomials, solving equations (nSolve?) and simultaneous equations to start off. Then look up graphing, etc...

My lord. That looks painful, but very worth it..

It really does look 10x better on your own calculator
Reply 516
Original post by Zacken
This looks good. But what I find helpful is to just start using the calculator and everytime I wonder how to do something whilst doing a question, I google it. e.g: I was working with matrices the other day and wanted to know how to do cross products on the Nspire, googled it, learned it and got back onto the calculator. You should look up roots of polynomials, solving equations (nSolve?) and simultaneous equations to start off. Then look up graphing, etc...

It can do simultaneous equations as well?! This really can do everything, but I clearly can't :laugh: This will be so useful once I figure it out. Thank you once again, Zain! Did you celebrate your results today?
It can do simultaneous equations as well?! This really can do everything, but I clearly can't :laugh: This will be so useful once I figure it out. Thank you once again, Zain! Did you celebrate your results today?

Just linear ones! Don't get too excited. :tongue:

Not quite, got some really bad news concerning family and things just haven't been going good today. Oh well. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
Just linear ones! Don't get too excited. :tongue:

Not quite, got some really bad news concerning family and things just haven't been going good today. Oh well. :smile:

Oh man I'm so sorry. I hope everything is alright but if not our prayers are with you. :hugs: Hope you'll be okay. You can talk to either of us if you want to, ofc!
Original post by Student403
Oh man I'm so sorry. I hope everything is alright but if not our prayers are with you. :hugs: Hope you'll be okay. You can talk to either of us if you want to, ofc!

Thanks (that's why you didn't get a reply to your PM, sorry! Wasn't in the mood. I'll reply to it at some point.) - you're awesome. :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending