The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing - What do they look for in an interview?

Hey,
I recently had an interview at University Of York and I think i totally screwed up the individual interview. I was really nervous so it made it really hard to string sentences together or say what I really wanted to say. I felt like my answers were stupid. Now, looking back, I feel like I could have explained it way better. I'm really worried and keep going over it in my head because I really want to get into it. I think my group interview went quite well as I managed to make some good points. Just wondering, what do interviewers actually look for? Do you think they want well developed answers?
Interviewers know you're nervous and they will account for that. If you did well in the group interview they will take that into account. :smile:

Try not to dwell on it, the interview is done now and you can't change it by thinking about it

Prepare for your next interview and fingers crossed York will offer you a place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by priestley78
Hey,
I recently had an interview at University Of York and I think i totally screwed up the individual interview. I was really nervous so it made it really hard to string sentences together or say what I really wanted to say. I felt like my answers were stupid. Now, looking back, I feel like I could have explained it way better. I'm really worried and keep going over it in my head because I really want to get into it. I think my group interview went quite well as I managed to make some good points. Just wondering, what do interviewers actually look for? Do you think they want well developed answers?

I was pretty nervous for all of my interviews. It helps to stop, think and try and speak slowly. I find if I speak too fast then that's when I mess up and feel like my mouth is working way quicker than my mind can. Also take in a bottle of water as nothing is worse than trying to speak with a dry mouth.

You think you did good in your group interview and that's great! I'm sure you did great in your individual one too. I came out of all of mine thinking 'what if' I had said this and that but the main thing is you went and you managed to say something. You did your best at the time and that's all you can hope for.

I received 4 offers from interviews where I genuinely believed I just chatted my way along and didn't feel like I said anything as intelligent or 'well developed' as I hoped I would so don't give up! The main thing is to be enthusiastic and smile. I think you'll be surprised :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cazcar19
I was pretty nervous for all of my interviews. It helps to stop, think and try and speak slowly. I find if I speak too fast then that's when I mess up and feel like my mouth is working way quicker than my mind can. Also take in a bottle of water as nothing is worse than trying to speak with a dry mouth.

You think you did good in your group interview and that's great! I'm sure you did great in your individual one too. I came out of all of mine thinking 'what if' I had said this and that but the main thing is you went and you managed to say something. You did your best at the time and that's all you can hope for.

I received 4 offers from interviews where I genuinely believed I just chatted my way along and didn't feel like I said anything as intelligent or 'well developed' as I hoped I would so don't give up! The main thing is to be enthusiastic and smile. I think you'll be surprised :smile:

Thanks for getting back to me! It was one of my first uni interviews so I didn't really have much preparation lol :frown: thanks for your advice, i'll be definitely more prepared for future interviews. Sort of need to get in York too because my 4 other choices rejected me due to not having a B in maths (GCSE) and the other 3 was down to my personal statement :frown:
Well done for getting 4 offers too! That's really good :clap2:
Reply 4
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Interviewers know you're nervous and they will account for that. If you did well in the group interview they will take that into account. :smile:

Try not to dwell on it, the interview is done now and you can't change it by thinking about it

Prepare for your next interview and fingers crossed York will offer you a place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! Still waiting, they said March 9th originally then got a letter saying that there won't be a reply till April now! :frown: Thanks for getting back to me too!
Original post by priestley78
I hope so! Still waiting, they said March 9th originally then got a letter saying that there won't be a reply till April now! :frown: Thanks for getting back to me too!

No news is good news! :smile:
My rejections came faster than my offers

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending