The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Hi everyone I just received my email from Leeds and it's a rejection good luck and keep checking ur emails, has anyone applied Teesside iv been accepted to start this September
Leeds offer !!!
Leeds offer!!!
Im soooo happy! 😊☺😊😊😊
Hi, I've just got an offer from Leeds too! absolutely over the moon!!!!
Just got a Leeds offer :') congratulations to everyone else who got one xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so upset right now...got rejection :frown:(
Can anyone pm or just reply here what I can do to still get into Leeds?
Or if nobody knows should I also call Leeds to ask them?
Thanks in advance :frown:
im heartbroken too.. i nearly just made the offer.
Rejected from Leeds. Ah well, things happen for a reason!!!

Just because it may appear to be bad it may not be. Chin up and look to the future.

Original post by ciupi97

Really sorry, I know how it feels entirely. I don't think it is possible to get into Leeds this year. :frown:
Original post by biodentist
im heartbroken too.. i nearly just made the offer.

how many people were made offers out of curiosity?
Original post by ciupi97

Are you asking about what you could do to get into Leeds this year? For 2016 entry?
Does anyone know how many offers were given out? What was the rank out of ? I know if you weren't given an offer you were given a rank?
They gave 115 offers out and I was 132nd in the ranking so I wasn't close at all :frown: but is there any point ringing them on results day or am I too far on the waiting list?
Does anyone know if they have a waiting list? I have withdrawn my application (on Tuesday) and I got an offer email today, I'm assuming as they can't give me an offer they'll give one to someone else? I really hope someone else gets my offer instead, especially if that person has no other offers.
Original post by fangbandit
Does anyone know if they have a waiting list? I have withdrawn my application (on Tuesday) and I got an offer email today, I'm assuming as they can't give me an offer they'll give one to someone else? I really hope someone else gets my offer instead, especially if that person has no other offers.

That's so sweet of you to say wow! But why did you withdraw the application if I may ask..that's so sad :frown:
Original post by DrRumms
Are you asking about what you could do to get into Leeds this year? For 2016 entry?

No as I know it's not possible at all, what I am asking is how can I reapply so like what are my options. I know that I could potentially do a 3 year health-related course like biochemistry, and then apply as a graduate, but I really don't want to do that :frown:
To the people that got an offer, please can you reply here or PM me as to how you went about the empathy station and the ethics station. Would be much appreciated as I got rejected and im looking to reapply so I need some guidance. Thank you :smile: :frown:
Original post by ciupi97
That's so sweet of you to say wow! But why did you withdraw the application if I may ask..that's so sad :frown:

I've firmed my Newcastle offer, I'm from Newcastle and it was my favourite Dental School so it just made sense to withdraw from Leeds as I knew I'd pick Newcastle anyway :smile:
Original post by fangbandit
I've firmed my Newcastle offer, I'm from Newcastle and it was my favourite Dental School so it just made sense to withdraw from Leeds as I knew I'd pick Newcastle anyway :smile:

Ah okay I understand now, well done anyways :smile:
Thank you, best of luck with your application. :smile:
Original post by ciupi97
Ah okay I understand now, well done anyways :smile:
How many people are thinking of firming/ insuring leeds university?

Quick Reply

Latest