The Student Room Group

Imperial College medicine applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theRaichu
I think it went decently, but I knew in my mind that I don't think it was simply enough to carry me through. And if it wasn't my interview performance, it would've had to have been my grades.

Well Imperial is missing out :smile: how is the rest of your medical school application going??
Original post by N0ddy
So did I! Quite nervous really.. I feel like I was more anxious than I wanted to be. Hopefully it didn't go too badly!

ou, good luck! We will be hearing from them within two weeks apparently.

I talked to quite a few people whilst waiting. I'm just trying to figure out who you are lol! I was the one with purple tie and black suit btw and i was with my mum if that helps at all.
Reply 1522
What time did you have your interview? I was with my mum too
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Best morning I've ever had haha!
Interview March 1st!
Does an Astar aa offer still mean they will accept aaa at the end of the year?
Original post by ScarletRose
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Best morning I've ever had haha!
Interview March 1st!

Well done!!!

Original post by niblibsingh
Does an Astar aa offer still mean they will accept aaa at the end of the year?

If they give out A*AA offers, I assume that is what they will expect you to get.
How do you know if you are waitlisted? Do they tell you that you are on the waitlist or do you just receive a rejection?
Original post by GDbubbles
Well Imperial is missing out :smile: how is the rest of your medical school application going??

Hahaha, Im awaiting two other universities post-interview, but do not have a conditional offer for medicine as of yet.
Original post by N0ddy
What time did you have your interview? I was with my mum too

3.20 what about you?
Hey guys, got an offer a couple of weeks back for graduate medicine (A109) and Imperial is 100% my first choice, since there's no dedicated thread for us, I thought I should just ask here.

What are the other grads in my situation going to do about accommodation?
Hi, can anyone tell me how long they were being interviewed for? It's just that I always thought its a 25 mins interview but today I was looking through the website and it says 15 mins interview including the time for the panel to make its decision? I'm quite confused, surely they wont get much out of us if we were only being interviewed for less than 15 mins?:s-smilie:
Original post by Kiragyd
Hi, can anyone tell me how long they were being interviewed for? It's just that I always thought its a 25 mins interview but today I was looking through the website and it says 15 mins interview including the time for the panel to make its decision? I'm quite confused, surely they wont get much out of us if we were only being interviewed for less than 15 mins?:s-smilie:

I don't think my interview even went over 10 minutes.
Original post by Kiragyd
Hi, can anyone tell me how long they were being interviewed for? It's just that I always thought its a 25 mins interview but today I was looking through the website and it says 15 mins interview including the time for the panel to make its decision? I'm quite confused, surely they wont get much out of us if we were only being interviewed for less than 15 mins?

Original post by Decerto
I don't think my interview even went over 10 minutes.

What, really? Did they ask you a lot in under 10 minutes?

Most people in my group had theirs for at least 20 minutes... Mine lasted 25 minutes but I felt that my answers were a bit longer than normal.

Maybe it's because you were higher up the rank??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swopnil
What, really? Did they ask you a lot in under 10 minutes?

Most people in my group had theirs for at least 20 minutes... Mine lasted 25 minutes but I felt that my answers were a bit longer than normal.

Maybe it's because you were higher up the rank??

I was asked about 8 questions
Tbh I don't think the length of the interview matters.
Mine was 25 minutes and I received an offer. My friend also got an offer and hers was only 5 - 10 mins.
Original post by Decerto
I was asked about 8 questions

Oh wow I had about 8 questions too (excluding follow up questions on the same topic).

Tbh I don't think the length of the interview matters.
Mine was 25 minutes and I received an offer. My friend also got an offer and hers was only 5 - 10 mins.

yup! :smile:
Congratz on you offer btw. I saw your post recently and you seemed quite happy.
Original post by swopnil
Oh wow I had about 8 questions too (excluding follow up questions on the same topic).

haha thank you!
Yeah I really wanted an offer from Imperial xD
Original post by swopnil

I think the time just varies depending on the panel, they seem to go on as long as they like.
Also I was only asked 5 separate questions (i.e. not including follow-up) whereas some others were asked like 9-10 so the number of questions doesn't really matter either I guess.
haha thank you!Yeah I really wanted an offer from Imperial xD

No problem!

Original post by not you
I think the time just varies depending on the panel, they seem to go on as long as they like.
Also I was only asked 5 separate questions (i.e. not including follow-up) whereas some others were asked like 9-10 so the number of questions doesn't really matter either I guess.

Yeah, I guess it's nothing to over analyse about then. You are right.

PS. I like your signature! :P
Just got an Offer! Most convenient time of 22:30 ish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending