The Student Room Group

Spying parents stopping me from seeing my boyfriend!

We found out two days ago that my parents have been reading all of mine and my boyfriends messages and even setting up cameras in the house to see what were up too! They keep saying that my boyfriend is emotionally abusive and obsessive because he asks where I am and what I am doing but I know he only does this because he cares. They have said that they want me to end the relationship and that I'm not allowed to see him! Me and my boyfriend are both happy in the relationship and disagree with what they are saying! I don't want to end the relationship as we both love each other and want to fight for this.
has anyone been through anything similar and could offer some advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgia2261
We found out two days ago that my parents have been reading all of mine and my boyfriends messages and even setting up cameras in the house to see what were up too! They keep saying that my boyfriend is emotionally abusive and obsessive because he asks where I am and what I am doing but I know he only does this because he cares. They have said that they want me to end the relationship and that I'm not allowed to see him! Me and my boyfriend are both happy in the relationship and disagree with what they are saying! I don't want to end the relationship as we both love each other and want to fight for this.

I don't think anyone will understand as there two outcomes in this.

1) Your being abused mentally.
2) Parents overprotective.
Reply 2
being mentally abused by who? I know my boyfriend better than anyone and we have been together for a long time. He has has family issues so i know he would never be abusive to me! My parents have gone past the point of being overprotective... they've read months worth of messages and some things in the messages were said in confidence to my boyfriend! They've invaded my privacy...
How on earth can they say your boyfriend is emotionally abusing you if they set up secret cameras to spy on you? :eek:

What the ****ing hell, ask your school for a social worker, they're insane.
How old are you both?
Your parents are c to the creepy. What do you think they do with with the films of you two having sex that the cameras record? :nothing:
Reply 6
Original post by Tiger Rag
How old are you both?

i'm 15 and my boyfriends 16
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Your parents are c to the creepy. What do you think they do with with the films of you two having sex that the cameras record? :nothing:

Wouldn't you like to know.

Original post by Tiger Rag
How old are you both?

I 2nd this

Right. Get over it. You're under your parent's rule, like it or not. They have a job to do and that's to protect you how they feel they should.
Now if they stood by and let him abuse you then ok, make a thread and cry by all means.
Reply 9
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

the cameras aren't in my room, but still it's not right that they've set up cameras to see when were in the house and what we are doing outside of my room

Too young and naive to understand relationships
Original post by shawn_o1

we have been through a hell of a lot together... I understand where they are coming from but they have read private messages out of context and got the complete wrong idea...
Reply 12

Lmao. And I take it you've been married for the last 5 years and live happily with your wife and children?
Original post by mrsjenner
Right. Get over it. You're under your parent's rule, like it or not. They have a job to do and that's to protect you how they feel they should.
Now if they stood by and let him abuse you then ok, make a thread and cry by all means.

If they're having sex it's a criminal offence, but how any normal, sane human being thinks that setting up secret cameras to spy on your teenage daughter is the right way to act defies any logic, they should be on a final warning from the police in my opinion.

So many people need to learn the lesson that whilst you must love and look after your children, they are not your personal property.
Original post by Mahmoud X
If they're having sex it's a criminal offence, but how any normal, sane human being thinks that setting up secret cameras to spy on your teenage daughter is the right way to act defies any logic, they should be on a final warning from the police in my opinion.

So many people need to learn the lesson that whilst you must love and look after your children, they are not your personal property.

Thank you for that, i completely agree with you, they've taken my phone and my ipad both in which i payed for myself. They won't let me see or even speak to him! He only got out of hospital after having appendicitis today and the only reason they let me visit him in hospital yesterday was that they told me to go and end it with him!
finish your gcse's .ffs...
Thank you for that, i completely agree with you, they've taken my phone and my ipad both in which i payed for myself. They won't let me see or even speak to him! He only got out of hospital after having appendicitis today and the only reason they let me visit him in hospital yesterday was that they told me to go and end it with him!

Don't do anything illegal, if only to ensure your parents don't get the ammunition they probably want to screw you and your bf, but their actions extremely sinister.

If you don't mind me asking, is their a particular reason why they think in this way? Religion, culture, narcissistic personality disorder etc

Authority is never a good way to be "correct" as so to speak

exactly

i'm pretty this is what your parents are not your bf

Their ages being 15 and 16 isn't enough to justify that sort of spying behaviour. Unless they have a good reason to be suspicious of him which OP hasn't mentioned (and I appreciate we may not have the full story here), then the parents appear to be the ones in the wrong.

Original post by RF_PineMarten
Their ages being 15 and 16 isn't enough to justify that sort of spying behaviour. Unless they have a good reason to be suspicious of him which OP hasn't mentioned (and I appreciate we may not have the full story here), then the parents appear to be the ones in the wrong.

Original post by Synonym
finish your gcse's .ffs...

lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending