The Student Room Group

Does this girl like me ? Or should I stop pursuing her?

OK. So here it is. I met a girl on a dating site. Its only been two weeks since our first date but we've already seen each other 4 times and I've slept at hers. The way we were talking and the things we were saying made me believe that she was really in to me and really liked me. I can list examples if need be. We haven't properly had sex but we've been intimate. I've wanted to take it slow because I'm a virgin. We've spoke a lot about it and it won't be an issue. Now we have spoke about getting into a relationship and we've both decided its a little too soon. But its what we both want. So I'd have thought everything was going well. I've even met her sister! Thing is though I feel like she's distancing herself already since Saturday when I last saw her. Shes sporadic to replying to my texts. I messaged her yesterday but she said "sorry but I'm busy Saturday" and I didn't even ask her out. I rang her tonight to see if she was free on Monday or Tuesday so I can take her out. She said "I don't know but I'll let you know". I just find this odd. Normally she'd give me answer there and then but I don't understand why she's being like this.

Maybe I just need to cool down and not message her for a few days. Is this a good idea? And see if she does let me know? What if she doesn't? I don't want to throw this away though. Normally I'd just walk away but I do genuinely believe there's something there for us both. I just need guidance. What can I do?
Original post by Anonymous
OK. So here it is. I met a girl on a dating site. Its only been two weeks since our first date but we've already seen each other 4 times and I've slept at hers. The way we were talking and the things we were saying made me believe that she was really in to me and really liked me. I can list examples if need be. We haven't properly had sex but we've been intimate. I've wanted to take it slow because I'm a virgin. We've spoke a lot about it and it won't be an issue. Now we have spoke about getting into a relationship and we've both decided its a little too soon. But its what we both want. So I'd have thought everything was going well. I've even met her sister! Thing is though I feel like she's distancing herself already since Saturday when I last saw her. Shes sporadic to replying to my texts. I messaged her yesterday but she said "sorry but I'm busy Saturday" and I didn't even ask her out. I rang her tonight to see if she was free on Monday or Tuesday so I can take her out. She said "I don't know but I'll let you know". I just find this odd. Normally she'd give me answer there and then but I don't understand why she's being like this.

Maybe I just need to cool down and not message her for a few days. Is this a good idea? And see if she does let me know? What if she doesn't? I don't want to throw this away though. Normally I'd just walk away but I do genuinely believe there's something there for us both. I just need guidance. What can I do?

she's either gone off u cos you've done something wrong , or got someone else . OR she's genuinely busy?

if I were u id message her asking if somethings up cos she's been a tiny bit weird . just be upfront cos girls never are lol

Give her space for a couple of days and she if she contacts you.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Give her space for a couple of days and she if she contacts you.

I guess. I guess I could be waiting a long time for her contact me. Hopefully if I don't talk to her first she'll see something that reminds her of me. Like I left my camera at hers, I bought her a CD and candles for her birthday, and there's things on Facebook about me. I hope she'll look at either one of these and think "haven't heard from him for a while, I'll text him". I don't think I'll see her on Monday or Tuesday
I guess. I guess I could be waiting a long time for her contact me. Hopefully if I don't talk to her first she'll see something that reminds her of me. Like I left my camera at hers, I bought her a CD and candles for her birthday, and there's things on Facebook about me. I hope she'll look at either one of these and think "haven't heard from him for a while, I'll text him". I don't think I'll see her on Monday or Tuesday

Crikey - you are a bit full on aren't you. You have known her a couple of weeks and you have already done birthday presents. Bombarding a girl with texts and offers of dates so soon is smothering

I would play it cool now - no contact at all. And put on Facebook that you are doing something exciting ( even if you aren't ) - be alluring and mysterious.
Reply 5
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Crikey - you are a bit full on aren't you. You have known her a couple of weeks and you have already done birthday presents. Bombarding a girl with texts and offers of dates so soon is smothering

I would play it cool now - no contact at all. And put on Facebook that you are doing something exciting ( even if you aren't ) - be alluring and mysterious.

Yeah it has been a little intense. But in my defence she's been doing the same. Like she suggested that a song by Type O Negative (a heavy metal band) should be our song. Just after our second date. Plus she went for a STD screening test as well , in her words, out of respect for me. Plus her family know about me now. I'd say she's just as keen. But maybe I do need to cool off. I'll be pretty hurt if she doesn't get back to me about Monday or Tuesday. Thing is we both have a week off next week. I don't see why we couldn't see each other. Unless she's genuinely ill
Reply 6
Original post by squeakysquirrel

I would play it cool now - no contact at all. And put on Facebook that you are doing something exciting ( even if you aren't ) - be alluring and mysterious.[/

QUOTE]

Also when we were out on Friday - our fourth date - she started crying because she said she's never been this happy. I mean can you blame for getting attached when she says things like that? Unless its some very cruel game she's playing, she must really like me too.

I'm going on a stag do Saturday which will be good to keep my mind off things. And I'm seeing a friend of mine on Sunday. I hardly use Facebook to be honest. I wanna get rid of it.
jesus, you both sound way too needy

her crying on a date? you buying her birthday presents? You both need to "cool down" and slow down a bit.
You both sound bonkers lolool. Give her a couple of days, don't reach out to her. If she never gets in contact again just cut your losses.
Reply 9
You're all correct, we do sound a bit crazy and a bit too needy haha. It's been quite intense. But I do genuinely believe there's something there. I'm just annoyed that I've invested so much already. I don't wanna throw it all away so early and think 'damn, I should have tried harder to make it work'. Maybe the best thing for me is just to cool down and go quiet. Then if she asks why I've been quiet I'll just be honest with her.
Reply 10
Honestly I think that's the best way to look at it and just hope that she is genuinely busy I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
she's either gone off u cos you've done something wrong , or got someone else . OR she's genuinely busy?

if I were u id message her asking if somethings up cos she's been a tiny bit weird . just be upfront cos girls never are lol

I was thinking of asking her that. Isn't that a little full on and making me look a bit needy?
I think you need to chill out and give her a bit of space, maybe she is put off by all the texts you are sending.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Probably ****ing another guy on the site. Welcome to the wonderful world of online dating. It's a minefield :yy:

Maybe she is. Sadly. Well I've blocked her on Facebook and deleted her number. If she still wants me she has to text me. If she doesn't then she can kiss goodbye to the best, nicest guy that ever walked into her life. Its up to her if she wants to asleep around. I'm not hanging around waiting for her whilst she plays silly games. I asked her out last night and she still hasn't replied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending