The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry to hear that people have accused you of not being a 'true' Christian - that's awful and makes me so cross, grrrr :mad:

I appreciate you sticking up for LGBT Christians (being one myself), because the way they are treated is often completely appalling. It's like Racoon's quote above about liking Christ but not Christians because Christians do not act like our Christ - it's so true. Too many people stuck with their head in doctrine/a book (and this is as much a criticism of my own denomination as anyone else's!) rather than trying to emulate Christ. It's very sad :sadnod:

:hugs:

((hugs)) to you too! I think that experiencing a relationship with Jesus is just as important, as reading Scripture. In that relationship, He will guide us all.
Original post by *Deidre*
((hugs)) to you too! I think that experiencing a relationship with Jesus is just as important, as reading Scripture. In that relationship, He will guide us all.

Very true imho :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to church today. The pastor preached about 'Victory in Jesus'.
Original post by Duke Glacia
Went to church today. The pastor preached about 'Victory in Jesus'.

Fantastic :elefant::flip::five:
Happy Sunday everyone! God bless y'all :-)
Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I woke up so tired, don't like daylight savings time whatsoever. lol I wanted to go to church, and didn't, but spent some time in prayer this morning. Someone asked me to join a debate for the pro life movement, because they like my stance on it. I thank God for the opportunity, and was surprised by the invitation. :smile:
Hi everyone, I am carrying out research on Islamophobia and wanted to gain an insight into peoples perceptions, experiences and opinions on Islamophobia. Would be great if you could provide answers to the following questions;

1. Could you define what islamophobia is?

2. Have you ever experienced any form of islamophobia or witinessed any form of Islamophobia ?

3. Why do you think statistics suggest islamophobia is rising?

4. Does the media influence your opinion?

5.What do you think the media’s view of islamophobia is?

6. Do you think people of British Asian heritage experience islamophobia?

7. What do you think can be done to counter Islamophobia?

8. Do you think certain political parties should have their views censored such as UKIP, EDL or BNP?

9. Is there anything else you want to add?
Original post by the.researcher
Hi everyone, I am carrying out research on Islamophobia and wanted to gain an insight into peoples perceptions, experiences and opinions on Islamophobia. Would be great if you could provide answers to the following questions;

1. Could you define what islamophobia is?

2. Have you ever experienced any form of islamophobia or witinessed any form of Islamophobia ?

3. Why do you think statistics suggest islamophobia is rising?

4. Does the media influence your opinion?

5.What do you think the media’s view of islamophobia is?

6. Do you think people of British Asian heritage experience islamophobia?

7. What do you think can be done to counter Islamophobia?

8. Do you think certain political parties should have their views censored such as UKIP, EDL or BNP?

9. Is there anything else you want to add?

This is a society thread. If you want specifically answers from Christians then please post in the Ask A Christian thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Deidre*
Hope everyone is having a great day so far. I woke up so tired, don't like daylight savings time whatsoever. lol I wanted to go to church, and didn't, but spent some time in prayer this morning. Someone asked me to join a debate for the pro life movement, because they like my stance on it. I thank God for the opportunity, and was surprised by the invitation. :smile:

Yes, that hour change can throw things out sometimes:smile:.

Quite challenging to join a debate for pro-life, hope it goes well for you.
In a month I've gone from perpetually depressed to feeling so elated it's quite a miracle. I'm grateful for all of your support - I'm coming here more often, not just when I'm down haha.

I've been praying daily and I joined the marching band where I've made lots of friends. I'm grateful that my mum paid for me to have saxophone lessons 8 years ago - I played on and off for about 5 years but I love performing.

I felt so empty here just a month ago - but it's amazing how much doing an activity regularly can boost your spirit. I practice with them twice a week and we're performing at really prestigious events - I'm so happy and it looks like I'll finish my year abroad on a really positive note!
Original post by Mollymod
In a month I've gone from perpetually depressed to feeling so elated it's quite a miracle. I'm grateful for all of your support - I'm coming here more often, not just when I'm down haha.

I've been praying daily and I joined the marching band where I've made lots of friends. I'm grateful that my mum paid for me to have saxophone lessons 8 years ago - I played on and off for about 5 years but I love performing.

I felt so empty here just a month ago - but it's amazing how much doing an activity regularly can boost your spirit. I practice with them twice a week and we're performing at really prestigious events - I'm so happy and it looks like I'll finish my year abroad on a really positive note!

So wonderful to hear - very happy for you! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mollymod

That is so good. :smile:

When we do something sociable with people of like minds we can be so encouraged and cheered up.

So good you took the initiative and did something positive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAlJKv7ptU

[video="youtube;reAlJKv7ptU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAlJKv7ptU[/video]

I just LOVE this, especially the chorus.

Just realised I posted this in my head but not IRL :facepalm:

Thanks for sharing this link. Really struggling with trusting God at the moment, so appreciate you taking time to share it among us :smile:
Just realised I posted this in my head but not IRL :facepalm:

Thanks for sharing this link. Really struggling with trusting God at the moment, so appreciate you taking time to share it among us :smile:

Its ok. Glad it came at the right time.

Can I just add:smile:, keep it really simple and just rest in God.

Free yourself of any burden or routine and just relax. God loves you, you are valuable and precious to Him.
Original post by Racoon
Its ok. Glad it came at the right time.

Can I just add:smile:, keep it really simple and just rest in God.

Free yourself of any burden or routine and just relax. God loves you, you are valuable and precious to Him.

Managed to attend choral evensong at uni today, though it was very difficult. Don't think going to church during Holy Week is gonna happen - not safe to do so :cry:

On the plus side, had my (probably last) session with the uni chaplain today and she gave me a blessing. Part of me flipped out and part of me felt very safe #TLGLogic :facepalm:
Original post by Racoon
Yes, that hour change can throw things out sometimes:smile:.

Quite challenging to join a debate for pro-life, hope it goes well for you.

Well, I ended up declining to join the debate group. There was something about it, that didn't feel right to me. I believe in the pro life argument, but the group required you to be too immersed in their own mission, so thought it might be best to stay on my own and still fight the good fight. Thanks for the well wishes though :smile:

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm feeling like I'm getting sick. But, soon the weekend will be here! :biggrin:
Managed to attend choral evensong at uni today, though it was very difficult. Don't think going to church during Holy Week is gonna happen - not safe to do so :cry:

On the plus side, had my (probably last) session with the uni chaplain today and she gave me a blessing. Part of me flipped out and part of me felt very safe #TLGLogic :facepalm:

Big hugs hun. Remember that God is with you wherever you are as He lives in you and will be hugging you even now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending