The Student Room Group

TSR Trading Society- future millionaires unite!

The TSR trading society is made for anyone who trades and speculates on the financial markets, whether you're an expert or just starting out. Come here to voice your opinion on where the markets are going, your trading successes and your stories! Maybe if enough people join we can start a virtual fund on the Investopedia simulator and see where that goes.

Come on in! It'll be fun!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The last month has been very profitable, exciting and eventful for me in binary options (Around $6000 profit without making aggressive trades (max £1000 per position)). The NFP forecast was smashed as expected (I think forecast was 193k, ended somewhere around 210k) resulting in an extremely bullish USD against the Yen. Gold and silver were critically low near end of Feb, picked up silver at the right time (~15.094). Gold continued to be strong, even hitting around 1275-1280. I think it was around 2 days prior to FOMC announcement gold started its breakout from rising wedge, dropping to around ~1226 before the announcement. As soon as it hit 6pm, boom! Dovish announcement, there's no rate hike, boom! Gold back up to $1270/oz, silver up to $16 the next day, dollar fell against most currencies and GBP/USD even hit 1.45!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by NX172
The last month has been very profitable, exciting and eventful for me in binary options (Around $6000 profit without making aggressive trades (max £1000 per position)). The NFP forecast was smashed as expected (I think forecast was 193k, ended somewhere around 210k) resulting in an extremely bullish USD against the Yen. Gold and silver were critically low near end of Feb, picked up silver at the right time (~15.094). Gold continued to be strong, even hitting around 1275-1280. I think it was around 2 days prior to FOMC announcement gold started its breakout from rising wedge, dropping to around ~1226 before the announcement. As soon as it hit 6pm, boom! Dovish announcement, there's no rate hike, boom! Gold back up to $1270/oz, silver up to $16 the next day, dollar fell against most currencies and GBP/USD even hit 1.45!

Nice! I don't know anything about binary options or any derivatives- I only trade UK equities and forex. Recently I made around £1000 trading the GBP/USD currency pair when news about the referendum dates were announced.

Btw, join the Trading Society!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey there,
I have become increasingly interested in forex and done research regarding how it operates. I have also been through and studied various technical terms (technical analysis and fundamental analysis) however I am finding it difficult to implement a trading strategy. Does anyone have any experience regarding forex trading and if so is there any advice that you could provide me with (bearing in mind that I am only 17 and therefore have limited to access to finances)?
Thank you for taking the time to read.
Reply 4
Original post by aj122
Hey there,
I have become increasingly interested in forex and done research regarding how it operates. I have also been through and studied various technical terms (technical analysis and fundamental analysis) however I am finding it difficult to implement a trading strategy. Does anyone have any experience regarding forex trading and if so is there any advice that you could provide me with (bearing in mind that I am only 17 and therefore have limited to access to finances)?

If you don't want to risk your own money then use a trading simulator like Trading212 or IG or investopedia simulator.
Reply 5
Original post by Trapz99
If you don't want to risk your own money then use a trading simulator like Trading212 or IG or investopedia simulator.

I have already opened an account with £200 (which I can afford to lose) in order to gain experience with real funds. However, I am encountering difficulties in implementing a trading strategy. Would you happen to know any successful forex traders?
well i really am currently sticking to physical gold due to is rapid liquidity so i flipped 5 sovereigns i bought at the start of the year during the recent rise and made £400 on a cost of £600 total of a grand but am starting to dabble with long term hold share that offer the best perks (mitchell and butler offer discounts in their restaurants if you are a shareholder so i have £500 with them at the momunt)
Reply 7
This month's NFP is forecast to be down from 242k last month to 205k, therefore we're expecting a bearish USD. Silver is also quite low right now.
Reply 8
Original post by aj122
Hey there,

Original post by jamesthehustler
well i really am currently sticking to physical gold due to is rapid liquidity so i flipped 5 sovereigns i bought at the start of the year during the recent rise and made £400 on a cost of £600 total of a grand but am starting to dabble with long term hold share that offer the best perks (mitchell and butler offer discounts in their restaurants if you are a shareholder so i have £500 with them at the momunt)

Guys make sure you join the trading soc!
Original post by Trapz99
The TSR trading society is made for anyone who tardes and speculates on the financial markets, whether you're an expert or just starting out. Come here to voice your opinion on where the markets are going, your trading successes and your stories! Maybe if enough people join we can start a virtual fund on the Investopedia simulator and see where that goes.

Come on in! It'll be fun!

loool :smile:
Good idea for a discussion. We need more threads like this!
Reply 11
Original post by High Stakes
Good idea for a discussion. We need more threads like this!

Welcome to the trading soc! Do you trade?
Reply 12
Trading FTSE and DAX has been profitable today. took advantage of some high volatility in the German markets for a few minutes.
Reply 13
Original post by Trapz99
Trading FTSE and DAX has been profitable today. took advantage of some high volatility in the German markets for a few minutes.

Care to share some of your bad days? :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by estel
Care to share some of your bad days? :wink:

I hardly ever trade (I go to school) so I don't have that many good or bad days. I pull out of trades if it becomes clear that I'll make a loss and trade something else. I haven't made a "bad day" in the sense that there haven't been any days where I lost more than £200. That was when I traded oil, hoping that a Saudi press announcement would push prices up, but instead they went down fast. Luckily, I sold quick enough so didn't lose thousands of pounds. My best day was when I made around £1000 (£1045.35 to be exact)
Original post by Trapz99
I hardly ever trade (I go to school) so I don't have that many good or bad days. I pull out of trades if it becomes clear that I'll make a loss and trade something else. I haven't made a "bad day" in the sense that there haven't been any days where I lost more than £200. That was when I traded oil, hoping that a Saudi press announcement would push prices up, but instead they went down fast. Luckily, I sold quick enough so didn't lose thousands of pounds. My best day was when I made around £1000 (£1045.35 to be exact)

What broker do you use?
Reply 16
Original post by Terry Tibbs
What broker do you use?

I do it on Trading212.
Reply 17
Today's trades:
Reply 18
Original post by Trapz99
Today's trades:

Do you trade using real funds or just virtual funds if you mind me asking?
Original post by Trapz99
I do it on Trading212.

haha ma G lol i pm'd you mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending