The Student Room Group

The fact that people on have TSR flirting/relationships shows... (LOL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SAhm95
hmm..I might make a tsr tinder app

Hit me up if you need some finance, forreal.
Original post by RobML
You're 26 or something. Why are you getting into drama with a bunch of teens on an internet forum? Sheesh.

Don't you do this too :lol:
Reply 102
Original post by toonervoustotalk
There would be no friction
I will slide into yours on smooth surface inclined at a 21 degree angle:tongue:

I'd prefer a 69 degree angle. And how about rough surface so we don't slide off? :colone:
Original post by RobML
You're 26 or something. Why are you getting into drama with a bunch of teens on an internet forum? Sheesh.

At least I'm not trying to get into their pants inappropriately.
Original post by welcometoib
would assume youre not talking about me here.

Well if the two of you are making this up then it is quite silly (and hilarious)...

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Maybe lol. Or something along the lines of 'prank'? Idk

Should still provide us with a few lols..
Original post by ZuluK
I'd prefer a 69 degree angle. And how about rough surface so we don't slide off? :colone:

:toofunny:
Yes :colondollar:
Reply 106
Original post by Ethereal World
At least I'm not trying to get into their pants inappropriately.

But it's just a jokeeeeeee
Original post by MountKimbie

Why would you want to do all of that through text? One of the most magical parts of a first date or first meeting with somebody is the initial body language, their mannerisms, the build up of chemistry, the flirting etc. (Sure, it can go both ways). When/if I go on a first date, the initial topics of conversation won't be as intense as their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career, aims, kids. That's a bit too deep for me. For me, the purpose of a first date is to just be with the person. Who cares what you talk about? Enjoy it. Look into eachothers eyes. Be a little bit awkward. Be cheeky. The deeper stuff comes later. This is just my personal preference to how I approach a date. If somebody fires off all these deep questions, it either means they're trying to sort of filter me against a checklist of theirs, or they don't really know how to have relaxed conversation.

If you see a girl at a party, why not say more than just a few words? Then again, different person, different approaches.

Well yes but once you get to date two, three and more and all the aforementioned points highlight differences then it won't work will it? It is simply a different way of meeting people (a different order I mean).

Once you have all the deeper stuff out of the way you could just get fired into the better stuff...

I don't dive into the deeper stuff with people straight away but the ability to have intelligent conversation is important to me. I was ****ing some girl over summer (in real life haha) but she had no decent chat, it was a low skilled job. She was pretty (would almost describe her as 'hot tbh) and friendly but not captivating in anyway. There was no 'us', just lust.

Maybe I'm rare in that i see online and real life as not too dissimilar. I have a car, I can drive. Why limit your pool of people?

If I see a girl at a party I'd get fired in after a few drinks but I think you knew what I meant. I'm questioning whether you are being deliberately obtuse in how you have interpreted what I said.... each to their own my friend :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just for full disclosure and transparency this was not serious but it was also not orchestrated. I just continued joking back to welcometoib and it escalated naturally.

He is also memeing the opinions that some people hold about me.

I didn't expect it to escalate because tbh I didn't think that people who don't like me cared that much.

Remember - nonchalance is the opposite of love.

I don't dislike you. Apologies if that is contrary to your assumption :lol:

At this time of the evening, if people are posting on TSR they are - by definition - bored. As such we must snatch at any hope of comic relief :h:

I am somewhat disappointed that there is no drama though I was betting on 1.
Original post by RobML
But it's just a jokeeeeeee

Is it still a joke if you're successful.
Original post by Biryani007
Well if the two of you are making this up then it is quite silly (and hilarious)...

right and its silly to try and provide some entertainment to people on here who are usually otherwise so exciting right? lol. appreciate someone making an effort rather than being mundane like the usual status quo for tsr
Reply 111
Original post by MountKimbie
Is it still a joke if you're successful.

It's a joke with agreeable consequences.
Quite like the opposite of US politics
Original post by SeanFM
Much like the actual Tinder it'd just be full of thirsty guys and female robots. (@TSR Jessica )

i'm so sleep deprived i thought that said female rodents :redface: or maybe i just think of nothing else..
---------
This is also such a strange thread, even for TSR all this ball talk and weird names :K:
TSR is socially inept in essence, and what you mentioned here aplifies my statement.
Just for full disclosure and transparency this was not serious but it was also not orchestrated. I just continued joking back to welcometoib and it escalated naturally.

He is also memeing the opinions that some people hold about me.

I didn't expect it to escalate because tbh I didn't think that people who don't like me cared that much.

Remember - nonchalance is the opposite of love.

peeps always care on here, anything otherwise is a lie, people were really looking forward to it lol, nonsense drives the sites traffic.

sigh, you can tell him about this deflating, great things come in small packages i guess :biggrin:
Original post by Biryani007

You realise I wasn't part of it, right?
Original post by RobML

this was acc quite good :lol:
Original post by CoolCavy
i'm so sleep deprived i thought that said female rodents :redface: or maybe i just think of nothing else..
---------
This is also such a strange thread, even for TSR all this ball talk and weird names :K:

Get some sleep Cavs :rofl: (is there a Tinder for Guinea pigs to meet other Cavies?? :K:)

Yes, maybe it is bedtime for us sensible people :tongue:
Original post by welcometoib
peeps always care on here, anything otherwise is a lie, people were really looking forward to it lol, nonsense drives the sites traffic.

sigh, you can tell him about this deflating, great things come in small packages i guess :biggrin:

Hahaha he will wake up and just be like wait what? He missed out on so much attention he will be feeling extremely left out. :teehee:

and :rofl: to part 2. Spoken like a true beta.
Original post by Unistudent77
X

Yeah, when you're with somebody and the level of conversation never elevates to a higher level then it's pretty terrible and doesn't work out.

But for me, I can afford to be picky. I don't want the early, supposedly-exciting-stages of a relationship (by relationship I mean embryonic stages of a relationship, casual dating etc) to be 50% texting/messaging and then 50% meeting up. Much rather 90% meeting up and minimal texting.

I'm not the sort of person to try and get to know somebody online, as opposed to in person. I just don't care for it. I'd rather sit on TSR and complain about people who do :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest