The Student Room Group

Chances of getting jaw surgery?

Ever since my bastard ortho decided to give me braces and correct my bite alignment, I have had TMJD. Sometimes my jaw locks for 10 minutes at a time and it always audibly clicks when I open my mouth.

My jaw is misaligned naturally, which they should have corrected before going ahead with braces. My TMJD is the result of a cowboy ortho. I am furious with his ignorance.

My new bite is not conducive to my jaw alignment, so even though my teeth are straight now, my jaw is not made to function with this bite.

He told me 4 years ago that the TMJD would subside, I am still waiting...

This is a structural issue and the only way to fix it is jaw surgery.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ever since my bastard ortho decided to give me braces and correct my bite alignment, I have had TMJD. Sometimes my jaw locks for 10 minutes at a time and it always audibly clicks when I open my mouth.

My jaw is misaligned naturally, which they should have corrected before going ahead with braces. My TMJD is the result of a cowboy ortho. I am furious with his ignorance.

My new bite is not conducive to my jaw alignment, so even though my teeth are straight now, my jaw is not made to function with this bite.

He told me 4 years ago that the TMJD would subside, I am still waiting...

This is a structural issue and the only way to fix it is jaw surgery.

How old are you? I think you have a bigger chance if you're underage.
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
How old are you? I think you have a bigger chance if you're underage.

18 going on 19
do u have an underbite or overbite?
Reply 4
Original post by SAhm95
do u have an underbite or overbite?

neither, i have a normal bite

Quick Reply

Latest