The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imperion
May I ask, what're you gonna be studying? Also... you're a grill? :colone:

Spoiler

Reply 861
Original post by Duke Glacia
no worries I have a girlfriend in Ithaca, Long distance relationship:love::love::love:

Spoiler

Lovely :love:

Original post by Student403
Definitely - tbh all of them are great engineering schools!

Thanks a lot dude :colondollar: I'm really shocked because noone except me and someone else from my school had positive news yesterday :redface:

Yeah, I know how you feel - I've got two really talented friends who haven't gotten acceptances anywhere barring their safeties. Admissions were extremely tough this year.

:yep:

you cheeky bastard

Spoiler

:facepalm: *throws marriage proposal out the window*

Das dope man! Enjoy yourself :biggrin:
Original post by Imperion
:facepalm: *throws marriage proposal out the window*

Das dope man! Enjoy yourself :biggrin:

Thank you m8 :biggrin:

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Lovely :love:

Yeah, I know how you feel - I've got two really talented friends who haven't gotten acceptances anywhere barring their safeties. Admissions were extremely tough this year.

you cheeky bastard

Same :/ One of mine had full UMS in FM and I read his essays and they were miles better than mine. It really seems unfair! Ah well at least he can go to Berkeley :biggrin:

:colone:
Reply 864

Same :/ One of mine had full UMS in FM and I read his essays and they were miles better than mine. It really seems unfair! Ah well at least he can go to Berkeley :biggrin:

:colone:

One should not complain about getting into Berkeley.

Spoiler

One should not complain about getting into Berkeley.

Spoiler

You seen Princepieman's people from his MIT camp!?

And very true - Berkeley's awesome and I would say 26th in the World might even be underrated

Okay, I've been out the entire night and only just managed to clear up all the left over queries on the maths forum, sorry for the late reply!

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, BUD! This is amazing :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing (only doing this bc dolphins lol) news!!! We're all so proud of you. You and Ayman have really outdone yourselves, you little spoodey genius. I'm so happy for you as well. Cornell is bloody brilliant! Have I mentioned how happy I am for you yet? Bloody hell 403, well done! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: - slightly sad that I'm the only one out of us three who doesn't know where I'll be ending up this Sep though, but nevermind that, so happy for you rn! :biggrin: :party:
Original post by Zacken
Okay, I've been out the entire night and only just managed to clear up all the left over queries on the maths forum, sorry for the late reply!

MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS, BUD! This is amazing :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing (only doing this bc dolphins lol) news!!! We're all so proud of you. You and Ayman have really outdone yourselves, you little spoodey genius. I'm so happy for you as well. Cornell is bloody brilliant! Have I mentioned how happy I am for you yet? Bloody hell 403, well done! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: - slightly sad that I'm the only one out of us three who doesn't know where I'll be ending up this Sep though, but nevermind that, so happy for you rn! :biggrin: :party:

Aww thanks so much man :hugs: Appreciate it a lot and thank you for all the support along the way :colondollar:

Dude we all secretly know where you're going to end up :wink: And it's hella worth the wait!

Thanks again man!
Reply 868
Original post by Zacken

Aww thanks so much man :hugs: Appreciate it a lot and thank you for all the support along the way :colondollar:

Dude we all secretly know where you're going to end up :wink: And it's hella worth the wait!

Thanks again man!

My buds are both geniuses - Cornell and Cambridge, damn! :biggrin: Y'all are gonna make it big.
My buds are both geniuses - Cornell and Cambridge, damn! :biggrin: Y'all are gonna make it big.

Cornell, McGill, and maybe-Cambridge. :tongue:

Original post by Zacken
Cornell, McGill, and maybe-Cambridge. :tongue:

Can't forget yourself Ayman :biggrin: McGill is one of those hoodies you see and you're like "daaamn". And I'm not even exaggerating - when I was watching House MD and Wilson came out like this

I literally went "awwww yeah :cool:" for the first time xD
Reply 871
Can't forget yourself Ayman :biggrin: McGill is one of those hoodies you see and you're like "daaamn". And I'm not even exaggerating - when I was watching House MD and Wilson came out like this

I literally went "awwww yeah :cool:" for the first time xD

Hahahaha I actually haven't seen that on House :tongue:

I actually can't process the fact that I'm going :colondollar: I still feel like I'm stuck in the same old city for a long, long time for some reason. It will hit me after exams, I'm sure of it.

Original post by Zacken
maybe-Cambridge. :tongue:

Dude, I realised how easy your A-level offer has become - it's like a lowish C in A2 Physics + 75 UMS in one FP module! It's just STEP and I know you can do this! I lurk through the STEP thread from time to time to see brilliant minds at work. :ahee:
Hahahaha I actually haven't seen that on House :tongue:

I actually can't process the fact that I'm going :colondollar: I still feel like I'm stuck in the same old city for a long, long time for some reason. It will hit me after exams, I'm sure of it.

Dude, I realised how easy your A-level offer has become - it's like a lowish C in A2 Physics + 75 UMS in one FP module! It's just STEP and I know you can do this! I lurk through the STEP thread from time to time to see brilliant minds at work. :ahee:

I think the icing on the cake is the email address! When do you get yours? I'll pay my enrolment fee iA when my dad's back from his business trip and then I'll get mine :ahee:

Agreed for us 3 - we live so far away from these top unis in the west and it's gonna be awesome af for all of us!

Also agree with bolded - I stalk you a lot Zain and you are way more than "on track" for your STEP :tongue:
Reply 873
I received my mock results this Thursday and I felt like they were decent. They were taken last month so I've improved much since then, but I've learnt a lot from the mistakes I've made last time. A lot of room for improvement which I can hopefully catch up on in these last few weeks.

Mocks!

I lurk through the STEP thread from time to time to see brilliant minds at work. :ahee:

Also agree with bolded - I stalk you a lot Zain and you are way more than "on track" for your STEP :tongue:

Every time Zain does a STEP mock he'll text me like "Bella I'm failing this is so bad I'm so stupid" then half an hour later, tell me he got 100+. Sometimes I hate him for being so damn clever :lol:

PS you three should do some joint marriage thing you guys are the cutest!
Reply 875
I think the icing on the cake is the email address! When do you get yours? I'll pay my enrolment fee iA when my dad's back from his business trip and then I'll get mine :ahee:

I already got mine - I should really start using it, it's so cool! :yep:

Agreed for us 3 - we live so far away from these top unis in the west and it's gonna be awesome af for all of us!

#AsiansInTheWest (Zain's African technically I think...)

He shreds that thread to little pieces - he's way more than on track I think. :tongue:
I received my mock results this Thursday and I felt like they were decent. They were taken last month so I've improved much since then, but I've learnt a lot from the mistakes I've made last time. A lot of room for improvement which I can hopefully catch up on in these last few weeks.

Mocks!

Terrific job!

Original post by tinkerbella~
Every time Zain does a STEP mock he'll text me like "Bella I'm failing this is so bad I'm so stupid" then half an hour later, tell me he got 100+. Sometimes I hate him for being so damn clever :lol:

PS you three should do some joint marriage thing you guys are the cutest!

That would irritate me so much

Omg :rofl:

I already got mine - I should really start using it, it's so cool! :yep:

#AsiansInTheWest (Zain's African technically I think...)

He shreds that thread to little pieces - he's way more than on track I think. :tongue:

Yes you should! I bet it looks awesome :biggrin: Pm it to me! Btw do you have a linkedin? ;3

Zain = Lion King cunfirmd
Reply 877
Terrific job!

Not quite yet! A long way to go, but how were yours?

Yes you should! I bet it looks awesome :biggrin: Pm it to me! Btw do you have a linkedin? ;3

I bet yours would be something like [email protected] :lol: I don't think I do, but I think I have to make one now that I'm going into the real world...

Zain = Lion King cunfirmd

Nah M8, he's more like the lemur King in Madagascar
Not quite yet! A long way to go, but how were yours?

I bet yours would be something like [email protected] :lol: I don't think I do, but I think I have to make one now that I'm going into the real world...

Nah M8, he's more like the lemur King in Madagascar

Very well thanks! I was the only one in the year to get an A* in FM :biggrin: And A* in M/Ph, B in German lol.

Blazeit :colone: Definitely should! It's quite useful to have all the info in one place

Zain = King Julian!

[video="youtube;3w0EbfhAP0k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w0EbfhAP0k[/video]

Send me yo crazy uni emails so I can spam 'em with corn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending