The Student Room Group

Anxious - HIV oral risk?

Hi

Bi male here. Haven't fooled around with a guy in a while. Tonight I sucked a guy, he didn't cum in my mouth but I think I tasted some pre-cum. I had a pre molar taken out 6 months ago.

Anyway when I got back home 20 mins later, I used Corsodyl to have a mouth wash.

What are my chances of getting HIV? Shall I get PEP? I'm very sorry if I sound paranoid but I'm feeling very anxious and can't really sleep at the moment.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Bi male here. Haven't fooled around with a guy in a while. Tonight I sucked a guy, he didn't cum in my mouth but I think I tasted some pre-cum. I had a pre molar taken out 6 months ago.

Anyway when I got back home 20 mins later, I used Corsodyl to have a mouth wash.

What are my chances of getting HIV? Shall I get PEP? I'm very sorry if I sound paranoid but I'm feeling very anxious and can't really sleep at the moment.

Your chances of getting HIV or any other STD are very low. However, if you're feeling anxious or worried, go and get tested. It won't do you any harm. Don't panic though. As the song goes; Que será será. Odds are that you're fine. It will all look better after a good night's sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HIV risk: nil.

He's probably not HIV+. Even if he were, without him ejaculating in your mouth, transmission risk is nil. Even if he had, it'd be tiny... so small that there are studies saying it could be nil.

It's possible rather than likely that you might have got something else, typically one of the bacterial ones. In a week or two, you can go to a sexual health clinic, tell them you go down on men and get a throat swab.

If you're feeling like this, it sounds like the sex you're having isn't as safe as you'd like it to be. Whether that means learning about the risks or reducing them by using condoms for oral is up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest