The Student Room Group

maths prefect

now that I'm thinking about it is there really any point being a maths prefect if I want to apply for medicine.

I can't even write that I was a "science prefect" or even include it in my personal statement really I mean what would I say?

what do you think?
Original post by medhelp
now that I'm thinking about it is there really any point being a maths prefect if I want to apply for medicine.

I can't even write that I was a "science prefect" or even include it in my personal statement really I mean what would I say?

what do you think?

Just say you were a maths prefect - every single thing in your life doesn't have to be geared towards medicine, it's okay to have other interests. Anyway I'm sure the general skills you'd gain as a maths prefect (leadership, organisation, etc) are still relevant to a medicine personal statement.
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Just say you were a maths prefect - every single thing in your life doesn't have to be geared towards medicine, it's okay to have other interests. Anyway I'm sure the general skills you'd gain as a maths prefect (leadership, organisation, etc) are still relevant to a medicine personal statement.

thank you!
I really enjoy maths alot, I just don't want them to be like err why weren't you a biology prefect.
Original post by medhelp
thank you!
I really enjoy maths alot, I just don't want them to be like err why weren't you a biology prefect.

I don't think they'd say that, that would be very mean indeed! And irrelevant too, it's not even like A level biology and medicine are the same thing.
Reply 4
Wtf does a subject prefect even do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending