The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xKay
Rashford's awareness>>>>>>>>

88 overall Fifa 17 career mode potential confirmed
Could have easily been red for that slide, even if he did get the ball.

Decent first half from us although still lacking a bit in the final third, in the sense of players getting forward into the box. It's refreshing to see Martial and Rashford pushing forward even if they're runs don't always come off.

On a separate note, these short corners do my head in.
I'm frankly astounded how poor the level of officiating is in England these days, ref's just seem to have no idea wht they are supposed to be doing (not necessarily all their fault).

Original post by _Morsey_

On a separate note, these short corners do my head in.

What is the point of putting it into the box when they have players who are taller and better in the air than almost every one of our players, might as well just kick it back to half way for them.
Original post by mojojojo101
I'm frankly astounded how poor the level of officiating is in England these days, ref's just seem to have no idea wht they are supposed to be doing (not necessarily all their fault).

What is the point of putting it into the box when they have players who are taller and better in the air than almost every one of our players, might as well just kick it back to half way for them.

It's not just this game though. And to question your point, if we intend to just kick it back then to drag the opponent out then why bother sending our centre-backs up high?
Oh **** then what a hit
What a strike from Matteo Del Piero
Varela-esque/Rafael-esque that
**** sake rashford why pass it to that bottler
Darmian = ultimate WUM

Rashford is too nice, squaring it to his bestie Lingard
Original post by _Morsey_
It's not just this game though. And to question your point, if we intend to just kick it back then to drag the opponent out then why bother sending our centre-backs up high?

Has been a feature of.our season, but again, its not our strength, no need to smash our against that wall of we don't need to.

Lingard/Rashford need to score there.

Would like to see Fosu-Mensah.given a chance to show what he can do in midfield in this game.
Job done, better first half perfomance but Darmian's goal nicely taken (FIFA esque I'd say). Could be worse - Valencia could have injured De Gea and ruled him out for the rest of the season.
Tonight has been an actual Manchester United performance. Good stuff.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Tonight has been an actual Manchester United performance. Good stuff.

No it really wasn't IMO.

An own goal and a moment of brilliance from Darmina. The palace side aren't good at all. We've been better off the ball but we have wasted so many chances and we've had a lack of quality in final third tonight.

Poor but got the job done.
(edited 8 years ago)
This might be the worst set of semi-finalists I've even seen in an FA Cup.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but out of all the teams left, you play the best football...
(edited 8 years ago)
It has been a comfortable performance against a poor Palace side and therefore you have to say tonight we have been poor in attack. Okay, we ended up with two goals in the net (albeit one of those an own-goal), however there were too many indecisive moments, too many times a player has no forward option and too many times where a chance has been wasted.

They are young players so we can't expect miracles from them, but given that we were so comfortable i would've expected us to get at least one goal from open play.
Original post by Dirtybit
No it really wasn't IMO.

An own goal and a moment of brilliance from Darmina. The palace side aren't good at all. We've been better off the ball but we have wasted so many chances and we've had a lack of quality in final third tonight.

Poor but got the job done.

United had consistent control of the ball, managed to create a significant number of chances and had a comfortable win against a poor side - factors which were emblematic of the Ferguson reign.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
United had consistent control of the ball, managed to create a significant number of chances and had a comfortable win against a poor side - factors which were emblematic of the Ferguson reign.

Don't know what you watched tonight but I did not see anything that reminded me of a Fergie side.
#LVGOUT
Original post by Dirtybit
Don't know what you watched tonight but I did not see anything that reminded me of a Fergie side.

I suspect you're looking through rose-tinted glasses. The great thing about Fergie was that United won comfortably when we played average - like tonight. The problem about LVG is that we never play better than average. :tongue:
Coleman, Stones, Jagielka all injured and Funes mori ruled out of the semi-final

Yeah if we don't win that game...

Latest