Welcome! I'm Shan, resident badly-behaved Roman Catholic :jebus:

Your username is AWESOME btw :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mazzaion
Welcome :smile:

Original post by TitanCream
Welcome! Fellow Harry Potter fan :smile:

Thanks for the welcome :grouphugs::grouphugs:
If anyone struggles to read the bible on a daily basis I'd recommend the bible in a year app from HTB, written by Nicky Gumble.

Honestly today it brought me to tears. You know when something is unexplainable in words but it touches that raw spiritual nerve.

Today it reads an 87 year old woman had major surgery which they didn't know if she would survive. She did and when she opened her eyes she saw someone there with blurred vision and said 'Hello God, I'm Flory Shore'.

Two striking things from that

1. She was full of humility,not expecting God to know who she was (which is so funny) and

2. it showed she had absolute certainty about the resurrection and where she would be going........ :smile: HALLELUJAH

God draws the humble to him, I love that. Those who have emptied themselves of all man's ways of thinking and say God I need you, fill me up with your presence.

Nicky Gumble says our status is not determined by wealth or the accumulation of it.

Just recently so many famous people have passed away. David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Eagles - Glenn Frey, Sir Terry Wogan, Beatles producer Sir George Martin, Paul Daniels, Ronnie Corbett, David Gest and Victoria Wood yesterday to name but a few.

Life really is very short but thank God we have an assurance from Him.

Yes, now Prince is added to the list. Very tragic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6022
Original post by Racoon
If anyone struggles to read the bible on a daily basis I'd recommend the bible in a year app from HTB, written by Nicky Gumble.

Honestly today it brought me to tears. You know when something is unexplainable in words but it touches that raw spiritual nerve.

Today it reads an 87 year old woman had major surgery which they didn't know if she would survive. She did and when she opened her eyes she saw someone there with blurred vision and said 'Hello God, I'm Flory Shore'.

Two striking things from that

1. She was full of humility,not expecting God to know who she was (which is so funny) and

2. it showed she had absolute certainty about the resurrection and where she would be going........ :smile: HALLELUJAH

God draws the humble to him, I love that. Those who have emptied themselves of all man's ways of thinking and say God I need you, fill me up with your presence.

Nicky Gumble says our status is not determined by wealth or the accumulation of it.

Just recently so many famous people have passed away. David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Eagles - Glenn Frey, Sir Terry Wogan, Beatles producer Sir George Martin, Paul Daniels, Ronnie Corbett, David Gest and Julie Walters yesterday to name but a few.

Life really is very short but thank God we have an assurance from Him.

Julie Walters isn't dead. Do you mean Victoria Wood?

And now to add Prince to the list. I think 2016 is broken :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Haha, that came up on my Facebook news feed recently :ahee:

You have a Facebook account?

...Excuse me for one moment. :ninja:
Original post by Hydeman
You have a Facebook account?

...Excuse me for one moment. :ninja:

I do indeed but have quite high privacy settings, so only friends of friends can find me or something like that :ninja:
I do indeed but have quite high privacy settings, so only friends of friends can find me or something like that :ninja:

Is that a challenge? :colone:
Original post by Hydeman
Is that a challenge? :colone:

:dontknow: :ninja: :beard:
Reply 6027
Original post by LunaLovegood2508
Hi, I'm new here! :wavey:

Welcome :h:
Can i awk for prayers please? Going through a tough time right now. Lots of crying has been done
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Can i awk for prayers please? Going through a tough time right now. Lots of crying has been done
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that lovely :frown: Will certainly pray for you. Do feel free to WhatsApp me over the weekend if that would help - am abroad but will be checking phone occasionally for any messages xxx
My faith is undergoing a severe test at the moment. My friend keeps telling me that it is a "test", yet its a test I've had since September.
Sorry to hear that lovely :frown: Will certainly pray for you. Do feel free to WhatsApp me over the weekend if that would help - am abroad but will be checking phone occasionally for any messages xxx

Thanks hum.
Will see how things go. Currently home alone for the forseeable future due to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
My faith is undergoing a severe test at the moment. My friend keeps telling me that it is a "test", yet its a test I've had since September.

Sorry to hear this. I find it unhelpful, personally, when people tell me my suffering is a test. Do can empathise somewhat :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aula
Julie Walters isn't dead. Do you mean Victoria Wood?

And now to add Prince to the list. I think 2016 is broken :sadnod:

I did, I changed it, thanks.

Yes, now Prince. tragic.

Feel free to talk about your doubts. People may be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sis and Bros, tomorrow i iz have uth meetin at Church. Lookin fowad 2 it ......:colondollar:
Original post by ModernGoodGuy
Feel free to talk about your doubts. People may be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything is so hard, nothing is going right.
Everything is so hard, nothing is going right.

And how does this give you doubts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ModernGoodGuy
And how does this give you doubts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like, despite all my hard work and efforts, I have so little in life.
I feel like, despite all my hard work and efforts, I have so little in life.

Little in terms of achievement and things or family and friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending