The Student Room Group

Do you listen to podcasts?

Scroll to see replies

Just found out theres an international day for it, the things I'll look up to avoid AS revision:redface:

Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Thank you very much I am gunna have a listen now and let you know what I think :biggrin:

No worried! :smile:

Do let me know what you think!
Original post by Excuse Me!
No worried! :smile:

Do let me know what you think!

I love it!!! I can't stop listening!!!! Thank uou so much I am gunna listen to them all while i'm working :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
I love it!!! I can't stop listening!!!! Thank uou so much I am gunna listen to them all while i'm working :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:

No worries! :smile:

Which one(s) are you listening to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries! :smile:

Which one(s) are you listening to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am listening to this one at the moment just at the end talk now. The Second story about the motobike (i don't want to give to much away) was amazing and really hit home with me really made me want to cry and smile at the same time.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4392972-the-moth-radio-hour-ghosts-angels-and-motorcycle-rides
I am listening to this one at the moment just at the end talk now. The Second story about the motobike (i don't want to give to much away) was amazing and really hit home with me really made me want to cry and smile at the same time.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4392972-the-moth-radio-hour-ghosts-angels-and-motorcycle-rides

I've actually got that one downloaded on my phone to listen to soon. I listened to the Dublin special today and an England special was released today which will hopefully be good.

I love how interesting the stories are and I think by hearing all the unique experiences it can change the way you think. In the Dublin special there was a woman who was a dwarf and she talked about her life, defining normal and the decision she had to make on whether to get surgery. Since that episode I've been thinking about what normal is and have decided the best definition I can come up with is being who you are supposed to be.The dictionary definition doesn't work when referring to people.

I rambled a bit there haha.

Have you tried any of the other podcasts yet ie this american life or serial?

Serial would always be my first recommendation. The first episode looking at alibis and the suspects alibi is very interesting.
Brilliant! I love the interesting and diverse stories too and how they sstick in your mind and make you think and consider things that you haven't before. I haven't had a listen to Serial yet but I will do first thing today :biggrin:
Cant beat JRE

[video="youtube;e7hqRvVZ0cE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7hqRvVZ0cE[/video]
Brilliant! I love the interesting and diverse stories too and how they sstick in your mind and make you think and consider things that you haven't before. I haven't had a listen to Serial yet but I will do first thing today :biggrin:

What do you think of Serial if you've had a listen yet?
Hi Yeah It is amazing really interesting wondering weather he did it or not nad how the judge can lock him away on such little evidence! Can't wait to listen to the next episode!
I've actually got that one downloaded on my phone to listen to soon. I listened to the Dublin special today and an England special was released today which will hopefully be good.

I love how interesting the stories are and I think by hearing all the unique experiences it can change the way you think. In the Dublin special there was a woman who was a dwarf and she talked about her life, defining normal and the decision she had to make on whether to get surgery. Since that episode I've been thinking about what normal is and have decided the best definition I can come up with is being who you are supposed to be.The dictionary definition doesn't work when referring to people.

I rambled a bit there haha.

Have you tried any of the other podcasts yet ie this american life or serial?

Serial would always be my first recommendation. The first episode looking at alibis and the suspects alibi is very interesting.

I have listened to every moth episode noow ooops i love it :biggrin:
I have listened to every moth episode noow ooops i love it :biggrin:

Haha. You've beaten me to get to the end of them. There's more online as well!

What was your favourite one?

Also, I listened to a really great episode of this American Life recently. It's called 'my pen pal' and tells the story of a ten-year-old girl from small town Michigan named Sarah York, and how she became pen pals with a man who was considered an enemy of the United States, a dictator, a drug trafficker, and a murderer: Manuel Noriega.

It's similar to a Moth episode as the story is mostly told through Sarah.

Another great this American Life so story is in the episode 'same bed, different dreams'. Story is: Kim Jong-Il loved movies but hated all the movies made in North Korea. So he kidnapped a famous South Korean director and his ex-wife, a South Korean film star, locked them up in a villa in North Korea, and forced them to make movies for him. Nancy Updike tells the story.*

All story's are true which makes them so interesting! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha ha yes I love listening to it while i work :smile:

Oooo my favoutie thats a tough one I really enjoyed the stories where people awere dealing with loss in different ways as that is something I find very hard to do.

I will have to start listening to American Life after lunch I haven't tried them yet those stories sound really interesting :biggrin:

Yes I do love true stories, and books and movies based on true stories it gives them so much more heart and meaning :smile:
Ha ha yes I love listening to it while i work :smile:

Oooo my favoutie thats a tough one I really enjoyed the stories where people awere dealing with loss in different ways as that is something I find very hard to do.

I will have to start listening to American Life after lunch I haven't tried them yet those stories sound really interesting :biggrin:

Yes I do love true stories, and books and movies based on true stories it gives them so much more heart and meaning :smile:

Cool, let me know what you thought of those this american life episodes when you've listened?

Also, did you finish Serial?
Cool, let me know what you thought of those this american life episodes when you've listened?

Also, did you finish Serial?

I really liked American life a little bit like Moth with the idea of 3 or so stories following the episodes theme. I finished the first series of serial but only a little bit in to the second series I didn't find it as good, I think it was just the fact that I couldn't relate with the story as much. What did you think of it?
Original post by Queen Cersei
Yes? No?

Vote on the poll!

Yes

The Archers Omnibus :redface:

Anybody else.....?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I really liked American life a little bit like Moth with the idea of 3 or so stories following the episodes theme. I finished the first series of serial but only a little bit in to the second series I didn't find it as good, I think it was just the fact that I couldn't relate with the story as much. What did you think of it?

Series 2 was a mixed bag in terms of opinions. I myself enjoyed it a lot, not as much as series 1 as as you say its more difficult to relate to a marine who did something most of us would never consider whereas Adnen was more like an everyday teenager.

I will say many people say series 2 or serial gets a lot better when they started doing episodes every fortnight rather than weekly.

Hearing interview with the Taliban was very interesting and seeing everything that goes on behind the scenes to get a release is extremely fascinating.

Episode 2 or 3 is great again if you got to it. Berghdal (the soldier) details his escape attempts and the hunt to find him from his point of view.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Yes? No?

Vote on the poll!

I only listen to lecture podcasts
Series 2 was a mixed bag in terms of opinions. I myself enjoyed it a lot, not as much as series 1 as as you say its more difficult to relate to a marine who did something most of us would never consider whereas Adnen was more like an everyday teenager.

I will say many people say series 2 or serial gets a lot better when they started doing episodes every fortnight rather than weekly.

Hearing interview with the Taliban was very interesting and seeing everything that goes on behind the scenes to get a release is extremely fascinating.

Episode 2 or 3 is great again if you got to it. Berghdal (the soldier) details his escape attempts and the hunt to find him from his point of view.

I will defiantly have to get back in to it and listen to a few episodes today :biggrin: and ssee what I think, the taliban interview sounds really interesting. x

Quick Reply

Latest