The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
That was :awesome:!
Indeed, hahaha good! :rofl:

I don't understand a lot of McCulloch's quotes though :redface: :tongue:

That particular one is just comparing The Bunnymen to a football team :tongue:
Original post by SassKing13
That particular one is just comparing The Bunnymen to a football team :tongue:

So just saying they work well together? :rofl: well that must be an obvious one I missed :lol:
Original post by Amellia123
Haha aww i also love :awesome: !!
I see what you mean, tho i like the aire of mystery, like not being able to understnd what he means exactly. I mean sure i could pick each one to bits to try and find a meaning, but surely its more fun to have that 'wonder'? :tongue: :lol:

And back to being a normal Amellia :tongue:

I know what you mean, or to have your own interpretation with his lyrics. His lyrics aren't 'conventional' as such, they're sort of like poetry that is open to your own interpretation :tongue:
So just saying they work well together? :rofl: well that must be an obvious one I missed :lol:

I guess so :tongue: That's what I gathered from that quote anyway :tongue:
Yay! :h:
That's true - the mystery around him is great :yep: I really see what @SassKing13 said about the Bunnymen being quite mysterious.

:rofl: normal Amellia :tongue: Tbh in English I hate analysis so with this I find it hard to understand and I don't really want to delve further into the meaning atm...I'll just accept the mystery :tongue: what's your favourite Bunnymen song?

Spoiler

Haha yes i agree with you there! And inded :yep:
Tbh i am exactly the same, i was just sort of, hmm whats the word, saying as in a 'for instance' kind of thing :tongue: neither do i am, i am happiest wondering, not figuring out :lol:
My favourite? Hmm thats a tough call, i quite like All That Jazz, Read It In Books and The Killing Moon i suppose! How about yourself? :smile:

Beans in need of chilling? :rofl:

Yeah, affraid so :lol: those Matrix beans need some chill time :yep:
"Quitters never win, winners never quit. But those who never win and never quit are idiots.

David Brent.
Tbh i am exactly the same, i was just sort of, hmm whats the word, saying as in a 'for instance' kind of thing :tongue: neither do i am, i am happiest wondering, not figuring out :lol:
My favourite? Hmm thats a tough call, i quite like All That Jazz, Read It In Books and The Killing Moon i suppose! How about yourself? :smile:

:rofl:
I know what you mean, or to have your own interpretation with his lyrics. His lyrics aren't 'conventional' as such, they're sort of like poetry that is open to your own interpretation :tongue:

Thats sort of what i mean, they arent the sort of lyrics that you would 'decifer' as such. I think that the words being open to many possibilites is what makes them so much more special (and you dont get that very often these days!)
I guess so :tongue: That's what I gathered from that quote anyway :tongue:

Ohhh hahaha OK :biggrin: :tongue:

Hahaha yup :tongue:
Ooooh nice!
:eek: I forgot! I think it wad two words and began with a 'w' :redface: :rofl: I do love The killing Moon and Villiers Terrace too :h:

:colonhash: no they DO NOT need chill time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh nice!
:eek: I forgot! I think it wad two words and began with a 'w' :redface: :rofl: I do love The killing Moon and Villiers Terrace too :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love Villiers Terrace. It's so good live :smile: I couldn't narrow down favourites though, I like too many :tongue:

I love Villiers Terrace. It's so good live :smile: I couldn't narrow down favourites though, I like too many :tongue:

Oooh yes! :excited: hahaha hence I why I didn't ask :tongue: actually a better question for you would be, are there any you don't particularly like as much as the others? :tongue:

Oh and just so you know, those beans don't need chilling...Goshh Amellia :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats sort of what i mean, they arent the sort of lyrics that you would 'decifer' as such. I think that the words being open to many possibilites is what makes them so much more special (and you dont get that very often these days!)

I agree :smile:

Although because I'm so obsessed with music, I like to know the inside stuff :rofl: Like what the lyrics mean :lol: I do find it interesting to listen to his lyrics and work out your own meaning in your head though :smile:

I am the unknown
You're the after taste
I am total loveI am total hate

Let's face facts
We won't mind
Stripped of us
We will...

I mean they're hardly your average lyrics :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
@SassKing13 have you been here before? :eek3:
Oooh yes! :excited: hahaha hence I why I didn't ask :tongue: actually a better question for you would be, are there any you don't particularly like as much as the others? :tongue:

Oh and just so you know, those beans don't need chilling...Goshh Amellia :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy Death Men - I can appreciate it, but I like others more.
Bring On The Dancing Horses - It just sounds a bit lightweight and poppy :tongue:

That's all really :tongue:

Goddddddddd :colonhash: :tongue:

Ooooh nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha :eek: hmm Amellia is not sure, she would like to hand over to @SassKing13 for his expertise in this area.....
Ahh theyre both pretty awesome :tongue:

Geeez Matrix, obvs they need some chill time..... Chill your beans Matrix (God :colonhash:)
Happy Death Men - I can appreciate it, but I like others more.
Bring On The Dancing Horses - It just sounds a bit lightweight and poppy :tongue:

That's all really :tongue:

Goddddddddd :colonhash: :tongue:

Hahaha OK - I might avoid those before listening to the others; you are my trusted Bunnymen advisor : p

Indeed :colonhash: why, Amellia, why?:unimpressed:

Ooooh I'm listening to Pictures on my Wall! I love it! :jive: I'll listen to the live version later - it's probably better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@SassKing13 have you been here before? :eek3:

I knew about this :tongue: No, I haven't :lol: I wondered if Villiers Terrace was a pub in Liverpool initially, but then I read that it wasn't :tongue:
Hahaha :eek: hmm Amellia is not sure, she would like to hand over to @SassKing13 for his expertise in this area.....

Geeez Matrix, obvs they need some chill time..... Chill your beans Matrix (God :colonhash:)

Hahaha good idea :tongue:

Nope :colonhash: no way - you haven't even been to specsavers yet, have you? :unimpressed:
*gasps* did...did Amellia just God Matrix!? *is taken aback* this cannot be!:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree :smile:

Although because I'm so obsessed with music, I like to know the inside stuff :rofl: Like what the lyrics mean :lol: I do find it interesting to listen to his lyrics and work out your own meaning in your head though :smile:

I am the unknown
You're the after taste
I am total loveI am total hate

Let's face facts
We won't mind
Stripped of us
We will...

I mean they're hardly your average lyrics :tongue:
I see where you are coming from, and i think that most would like to know exactly what he was thinking when he came up with the words! I sort of have a contentness with the mystery.... I dont know, one day maybe it will be a burning question for me :lol:

Definitly far from average! :tongue:

I can't think :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest