The Student Room Group

Last minute stress

My exams start on the 17th of May and I've done barely any revision because i just can't get myself to do it. I know I can do well if i do revise but is there any chance I can do well considering how much time is left?

I have :
AS Law(OCR G151) and Sociology(AQA Paper 1) on the 17th,
AS English Lang/Lit(AQA Paper 1) and Law(OCR G152) on the 20th,
AS English Lang/Lit(AQA Paper 2) on the 23th,
AS Sociology(AQA Paper 2) on the 24th,
AS Chemistry (OCR Paper 1:Breadth in Chemistry) on the 27th, and then a 2 week break until my last AS Chemistry(OCR Paper 2: Depth in Chemistry ) exam on the 12th of June.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :frown:
Original post by mehraz124
My exams start on the 17th of May and I've done barely any revision because i just can't get myself to do it. I know I can do well if i do revise but is there any chance I can do well considering how much time is left?

I have :
AS Law(OCR G151) and Sociology(AQA Paper 1) on the 17th,
AS English Lang/Lit(AQA Paper 1) and Law(OCR G152) on the 20th,
AS English Lang/Lit(AQA Paper 2) on the 23th,
AS Sociology(AQA Paper 2) on the 24th,
AS Chemistry (OCR Paper 1:Breadth in Chemistry) on the 27th, and then a 2 week break until my last AS Chemistry(OCR Paper 2: Depth in Chemistry ) exam on the 12th of June.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :frown:

If it's any comfort, my teacher told me getting the grades I need (ABB) is still doable :smile: I know it's hard though, you just have to force yourself to actually get the materials out and start revising but once you've taken that first step it will be so much easier trust me! and the more revision you do the less stressed you'll be.

If it helps, I found mind maps extremely useful for Sociology last year (I got an A) :smile:
yes
Reply 3
Original post by emiloujess
If it's any comfort, my teacher told me getting the grades I need (ABB) is still doable :smile: I know it's hard though, you just have to force yourself to actually get the materials out and start revising but once you've taken that first step it will be so much easier trust me! and the more revision you do the less stressed you'll be.

If it helps, I found mind maps extremely useful for Sociology last year (I got an A) :smile:

Thanks for the motivational comment! :smile: I'll try to get my revision notes out and actually attempt at learning all of the required topics I need. I have to say, It will be extremely hard even once I properly start considering I need a minimum of AAA in order to even get considered by universities :frown:

I'll make a few mind maps today for the topics of Research Methods, Education and Families & Households and see if your idea helps! Thanks a lot
Thanks for the motivational comment! :smile: I'll try to get my revision notes out and actually attempt at learning all of the required topics I need. I have to say, It will be extremely hard even once I properly start considering I need a minimum of AAA in order to even get considered by universities :frown:

I'll make a few mind maps today for the topics of Research Methods, Education and Families & Households and see if your idea helps! Thanks a lot

What degree do you want to do to have to get AAA? :O Remember if you get ABB etc on Results Day you can always be predicted AAA for unis so don't worry too much :smile: I got ABC last year and was predicted AAB.

It will only be too hard if you leave it any later :smile:

I hope it does! Mind maps (and cue cards for the sociologists) worked wonders for me last year!
Reply 5
What degree do you want to do to have to get AAA? :O Remember if you get ABB etc on Results Day you can always be predicted AAA for unis so don't worry too much :smile: I got ABC last year and was predicted AAB.

It will only be too hard if you leave it any later :smile:

I hope it does! Mind maps (and cue cards for the sociologists) worked wonders for me last year!

Well I was hoping to go into Medicine or English as a backup plan :O I know it sounds really tough but I think i might be able to manage and it's going to be a stressful journey :frown: and i never knew that you could get predicted higher than what you actually got :smile: I made a few mind maps today and I memorised a bit of Families and Households! Thanks again for the good advice ! :smile:
Well I was hoping to go into Medicine or English as a backup plan :O I know it sounds really tough but I think i might be able to manage and it's going to be a stressful journey :frown: and i never knew that you could get predicted higher than what you actually got :smile: I made a few mind maps today and I memorised a bit of Families and Households! Thanks again for the good advice ! :smile:

You could always do Biomed and then graduate medicine :smile: Yeah I know, the last 2.5 years have been extremely stressful but we have to believe that it will be worth it in the end :smile: Yeah if you're close to the next grade the school will predict you higher, but that may not be as helpful for Medicine as it would for other subjects.

That's great, see you CAN do it!! :biggrin: No problem, I did Families & Education last year so if you need any help I'll try to, my teacher told me the spec hasn't changed that much :smile:
Reply 7
You could always do Biomed and then graduate medicine :smile: Yeah I know, the last 2.5 years have been extremely stressful but we have to believe that it will be worth it in the end :smile: Yeah if you're close to the next grade the school will predict you higher, but that may not be as helpful for Medicine as it would for other subjects.

That's great, see you CAN do it!! :biggrin: No problem, I did Families & Education last year so if you need any help I'll try to, my teacher told me the spec hasn't changed that much :smile:

Yeah that biomed career path could be an option but then again, I'll have to site the BMCAT exam privately and it might be longer. Plus at some universities, they either don't do biomedical sciences or the grade requirements are higher than at of medicine :O I really hope I can get them grades at this end of this year or get predicted well, so I have a chance at applying for uni :smile:

And awh, thanks a lot for the advice and I'll try my best to revise a bit every day, leading onto the exams. You sat the sociology a level with AQA, right? And yeah, I'll send you a message if I need any help with some topics in sociology I struggle with or just revision tips in general, seeing as you did really well :smile: thanks a lot again aha xD
Yeah that biomed career path could be an option but then again, I'll have to site the BMCAT exam privately and it might be longer. Plus at some universities, they either don't do biomedical sciences or the grade requirements are higher than at of medicine :O I really hope I can get them grades at this end of this year or get predicted well, so I have a chance at applying for uni :smile:

And awh, thanks a lot for the advice and I'll try my best to revise a bit every day, leading onto the exams. You sat the sociology a level with AQA, right? And yeah, I'll send you a message if I need any help with some topics in sociology I struggle with or just revision tips in general, seeing as you did really well :smile: thanks a lot again aha xD

I'm on AQA A2 Sociology at the moment, yeah :smile:

Sure, message me if you need anything! Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest