The Student Room Group

Mistakes in uni assignment

I was in a rush with children and working, I have read back my assignment after submitting I had to cut a lot of sentences last minute as I went over word count and despite having all the necessary details there's a feel sentences that don't make sense would this take my marks down massively?

Thank you
Reply 1
It's hard to say. Sometimes it's just an extraneous thing and we can make sense of the rest just fine, sometimes it kills off any coherence the piece had. If it's the former, you will be fine and will just pick up a comment about being more precise with editing.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
It's hard to say. Sometimes it's just an extraneous thing and we can make sense of the rest just fine, sometimes it kills off any coherence the piece had. If it's the former, you will be fine and will just pick up a comment about being more precise with editing.

Oh ok it's really sad I worked hard on it but proof reading was the difficult part with a lot going on.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh ok it's really sad I worked hard on it but proof reading was the difficult part with a lot going on.

It happens, don't beat yourself up. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Original post by Anonymous
I was in a rush with children and working, I have read back my assignment after submitting I had to cut a lot of sentences last minute as I went over word count and despite having all the necessary details there's a feel sentences that don't make sense would this take my marks down massively?

Thank you

Hey there! As a fellow university student, I can understand how stressful it can be to balance work and family with academic responsibilities. In terms of your assignment, it's possible that the sentences that don't make sense could impact your grade, but it really depends on how significant those errors are in relation to the overall quality of your work. Ideally, you want to submit an assignment that is well-written and error-free, but if you had to make cuts last minute, it's understandable that there may be some issues.

Moving forward, I would suggest trying to prioritize your time in order to give yourself more space to work on assignments without feeling rushed. You might also consider seeking feedback or support from your teachers to help you improve your writing skills and avoid these kinds of issues in the future. Don't be too hard on yourself - everyone makes mistakes, and the important thing is that you're taking steps to learn and grow.

Best of luck to you!

- Ilya :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending