The Student Room Group

how much does being a member of a society cost?

I know it depends on the society but in approximately how much does it cost to be a member of a University society?
And do you pay once a month?

Thankss
Reply 1
It really depends on the society. Most of the ones I go to are either annual or lifetime, with lifetime costs ranging from £2.50 to £180.
(edited 7 years ago)
So you think it is possible (fiancially) to join 2-3 societies? Or in the end you dont even have enough time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by constantina98
So you think it is possible (fiancially) to join 2-3 societies? Or in the end you dont even have enough time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely possible financially, most societies are nearer to £30 than £180. In terms of time; I'm a member of several societies and am still (just about) managing to keep up with my course. You can always try out several societies and quit if you don't like/have time for them; most have free taster sessions.
Original post by constantina98
I know it depends on the society but in approximately how much does it cost to be a member of a University society?
And do you pay once a month?

Thankss

It's probably worth enquiring about the uni you have in mine. At mine, for example, membership is £3 for the whole year.
Also depends on whether you're looking at a general society, or sport's club/society. I think the sports club/societies tend to be the more expensive, especially if using equipment/facilities...
Ok,thank you all for your help:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending