The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Garima Gupta
Hi Katie, Thanks for responding, I am on the reserve. I applied for Economics. However, I have not been informed on what rank I am. Just hoping it works out fine.

@Gupta, I wish u all the best, I pray u ar taken. Don't lose hope.
Original post by Richard Lee
Check whether your agency details are filled

Thanks for the response Richard :smile:
Only the initial section of my agency input has been filled. No response yet. Any idea what it means?
Original post by Richard Lee
A Kenyan in the reserve list here.
Another Kenyan in the reserve list here.
Reserve candidate at Aberdeen and Exeter. I still await word from Liverpool. Has anyone heard from them?
Original post by Katie2016
@Gupta, I wish u all the best, I pray u ar taken. Don't lose hope.

Thank you so much Katie :smile:
Reply 1065
Original post by tanyarmk
yes..mine still reads "with nominating agency" did you also apply to Queen Margaret & what is the status of your application

@tanyarmk, Yes i applied for MSc Global Health @ QMU. Mine still reads at Nominating agency but my input has been filled by Onagh Obrien on the 28th of April. I emailed her yesterday to ask for the status of my application. She still has not responded. I shall let you know when she does. I was given to understand that if the agency input is filled but it still shows with nominating agency, it means you are a reserve candidate. But it appears that both of us and kaka09 was nominated and none of us has moved to CSC. So i am beginning to doubt the credulity of that because QMU has only two spots and it does not make sense to nominate three reserve candidates. And its just the three of us that we know of, for they may be more that we may be unaware of.
Hi all,So it has happened that the university has not given me admission on the basis of inadequate (less) work experience but I have been nominated as a reserve for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. Can someone suggest me what to do in case I progress in my scholarship application and get selected?Thanks. Cheers!
@ Kuchikau the University said that there is no candidate that has declined the offer so far. so we have to wait
Original post by Nosidoog
Reserve candidate at Aberdeen and Exeter. I still await word from Liverpool. Has anyone heard from them?

Hi. Did you get an email from Exeter confirming you are reserve?
Original post by AliBukhariShah
Hi all,So it has happened that the university has not given me admission on the basis of inadequate (less) work experience but I have been nominated as a reserve for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. Can someone suggest me what to do in case I progress in my scholarship application and get selected?Thanks. Cheers!

Is it not the University that nominated you?
Reply 1070
Original post by AliBukhariShah

Im not to sure about how that would wrk, did u contact your university? Hv u contacted the uni ,did you apply to other unis?
Reply 1071
Original post by eygyal
Im not to sure about how that would wrk, did u contact your university? Hv u contacted the uni ,did you apply to other unis?

Csc*
[QUOTE=Trail-Blazer;64578235]Hi. Did you get an email from Exeter confirming you are reserve?

yes
Original post by Mamus
@tanyarmk, Yes i applied for MSc Global Health @ QMU. Mine still reads at Nominating agency but my input has been filled by Onagh Obrien on the 28th of April. I emailed her yesterday to ask for the status of my application. She still has not responded. I shall let you know when she does. I was given to understand that if the agency input is filled but it still shows with nominating agency, it means you are a reserve candidate. But it appears that both of us and kaka09 was nominated and none of us has moved to CSC. So i am beginning to doubt the credulity of that because QMU has only two spots and it does not make sense to nominate three reserve candidates. And its just the three of us that we know of, for they may be more that we may be unaware of.

i have received an email that i was not shortlisted for the shared scholarship at qmu...i dont know why they filled in the agency input section of an unsuccessful application.... i guess you are still in...wish you the best of luck...now pinning my hopes on leeds beckett where i was told im a reserve
Original post by Nosidoog
yes

Oh!,finally found someone on Exeter' radar. I'm just tired of all this issues I'm having with my last reference for Exeter. My referee later had to resort to use of letter headed paper. He said he has done it yesterday, and he received a response from them, but my Exeter application is still showing 2 outof 3 references received so far. I'm fed up, now Exeter has nominated and had even selected their reserves. Meanwhile I was very optimistic about my Exeter application.
I think my only hope now is to wait upon UWS where I am a reserve and see if any of their chosen candidates declines their offer and then I may be selected.
Anyway, I will keep praying. I still have hope.
Original post by Soulhighman
Oh!,finally found someone on Exeter' radar. I'm just tired of all this issues I'm having with my last reference for Exeter. My referee later had to resort to use of letter headed paper. He said he has done it yesterday, and he received a response from them, but my Exeter application is still showing 2 outof 3 references received so far. I'm fed up, now Exeter has nominated and had even selected their reserves. Meanwhile I was very optimistic about my Exeter application.
I think my only hope now is to wait upon UWS where I am a reserve and see if any of their chosen candidates declines their offer and then I may be selected.
Anyway, I will keep praying. I still have hope.

Wow. Your story is the same as mine. My last referee said he had uploaded but it hasn't shown, and now he's acting up cause he's busy a lot (Dean). Been over two weeks since he 'uploaded' the reference that never showed. So apparently, I'm in the same boat with Exeter. Hmm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trail-Blazer
Wow. Your story is the same as mine. My last referee said he had uploaded but it hasn't shown, and now he's acting up cause he's busy a lot (Dean). Been over two weeks since he 'uploaded' the reference that never showed. So apparently, I'm in the same boat with Exeter. Hmm.

I will mail csc tomorrow about it or send a mail this night. As for Exeter, I mailed Melanie, the person in charge but I got an automatic response that she is on leave, all messages should be forwarded to a a partner of hers.
Hi @All, is there someone with DMU as his nominarting agency? Mine is still reading "Now with DMU" and agency input is stll blank , also no uptade from DMU
Original post by elwahab
Hi @All, is there someone with DMU as his nominarting agency? Mine is still reading "Now with DMU" and agency input is stll blank , also no uptade from DMU

Dear elwahab, I hv nt applied to DMU but I tried logging into the CSC system nw and it told me tht it's being updated n will be offline till 11:00am UK time. Try checking around tht tym and see if there is any change in status. The best thing is to email the DMU, they hv a better answer. Gd luck
I also applied to Cranfield. i have been nominated as a reserve candidate. am keeping my fingers crossed and praying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending