The Student Room Group

Student took a picutre of my work...slightly annoyed

Hi,

I had produced a decent English essay in class and whilst I was out of the room, the person sitting next to me took a picture of it. I came back and felt it was too awkward to ask them to remove it from their iphone, but am now a little annoyed :/ Should I ask them to delete it tomorrow? How do I go about doing this without causing any grief?

It sounds a bit pathetic bit its my work after all so how to I explain that this could be troublesome if the same question comes up in our exam?

Thanks
Reply 1
Yeah I think you should mention it, your work represents your time and effort. It would be unfair for you to let someone take credit for your essay.
[video="youtube;seVdI6FGjk0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVdI6FGjk0[/video]
Original post by zqr
Hi,

I had produced a decent English essay in class and whilst I was out of the room, the person sitting next to me took a picture of it. I came back and felt it was too awkward to ask them to remove it from their iphone, but am now a little annoyed :/ Should I ask them to delete it tomorrow? How do I go about doing this without causing any grief?

It sounds a bit pathetic bit its my work after all so how to I explain that this could be troublesome if the same question comes up in our exam?

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by *RHCP*
Yeah I think you should mention it, your work represents your time and effort. It would be unfair for you to let someone take credit for your essay.

I shall try and get them to delete it. Even though photos can be recovered, I think its only if one has put in place certain apps beforehand. It does sound petty indeed but at the end of the day, its taking someone else's work and trying to make it one's own, which isn't allowed as far as I'm aware? So yeah, I shall ask tomorrow :wink:
Original post by zqr
Hi,

Thanks

I can guarantee u 100% this'll never happen, maybe in the same style but never the same question bc it's English .-.

in any case let them keep it, be the better person, you have the capabilities to produce some good work so you should be able to produce more and more good work while they can't(assuming it was good so they decided to show you your work's better by copying you)

You're not the one who's screwed if they can't produce good work in the real exam right? so let them.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by thefatone
I can guarantee u 100% this'll never happen, maybe in the same style but never the same question bc it's English .-.

in any case let them keep it, be the better person, you have the capabilities to produce some good work so you should be able to produce more and more good work while they can't(assuming it was good so they decided to show you your work's better by copying you)

You're not the one who's screwed if they can't produce good work in the real exam right? so let them.

Spoiler

Cheers lol :smile: It wasn't a past paper question but rather one which a teacher devised, so there's a possibility it might come up in some form and whilst, as I've already acknowledged, this sounds really petty, I'm happy to share ideas but if my work's going to be glossed over word for word then its particularly worrying haha. I will still press to get it deleted and go from there

Quick Reply

Latest