The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9200
Pretty sure the agent has denied a deal.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
2 years of Ibra, by then Rashford will be Martials age, Martial will be 2 years more experienced as as well as having learnt a lot from Ibra, We'd have a no bull **** type player back in the team and he's a winner.

Plus he's tall so can defend set pieces against West Ham :tongue:

I do think that Ibra is not as good as people think though, he's a good player and is coming from a **** French League so even he will take time to adjust.

Dont think I can stand the comments on FB though, i suspect if we get him the comments on almost all pages will be "MU didn't buy Ibra, Ibra bought Manchester United *retard laugh*"....

Ibra is unpredictable and he'll cost you an absolute fortune in wages but honestly I feel like you need that kind of player right now.

Your squad is weird in the sense that you have both ends of the extreme. You have garbage like Fellaini but also match winners like DDG/Martial. Teams like Liverpool are much more even throughout the squad but sometimes that can be a disadvantage if you just need a result and not a performance. Ibra would certainly add to that and my God do you need it.

Obviously he's not a long term solution but with the right signings (+ Mourinho) to accompany him, it's a step in the right direction for getting back in to the Champions League.
Original post by Lúcio
Ibra is unpredictable and he'll cost you an absolute fortune in wages but honestly I feel like you need that kind of player right now.

In what way is he unpredictable? He's an ******* at times but it's not like he does a Balotelli and let's it affect his performance levels when he's top 5 in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
In what way is he unpredictable? He's an ******* at times but it's not like he does a Balotelli and let's it affect his performance levels when he's top 5 in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, I guess I just don't rate him as much as you.

He can be an absolute monster when he's in the mood but let's not forget he's playing for PSG in the French league. That's like men against boys at times.

P.S: It can be really hard to take you seriously sometimes when your username has the word "bae" in it :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
Meh, I guess I just don't rate him as much as you.

He can be an absolute monster when he's in the mood but let's not forget he's playing for PSG in the French league. That's like men against boys at times.

P.S: It can be really hard to take you seriously sometimes when your username has the word "bae" in it :tongue:

But still, 38 goals in 31 league games.

1.8 goals/assists per 90 minutes :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma:

Also 5 in 10 CL games.
Ibra is tailor made for PL he's 6 ft 5 with real technical ability.

Only #9's I'd put before him right now are Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero
Original post by KingKoala
Is this idiot really trying to compare Iheanocho with Martial?

So harsh, yes he's clearly got a stupid opinion, but respect him, he is allowed it.

You are talking to a human being, someone's son/daughter.

You sadden me brother.
Original post by zKlown
So harsh, yes he's clearly got a stupid opinion, but respect him, he is allowed it.

You are talking to a human being, someone's son/daughter.

You sadden me brother.
What opinion is this?
Original post by Dirtybit
Ibra is tailor made for PL he's 6 ft 5 with real technical ability.

Only #9's I'd put before him right now are Suarez, Lewandowski and Aguero

Kane and Vardy too but no one else, don't @ me
Original post by Nickini
What opinion is this?

That iheanacho is better than Martial my brother
It's not like he actually said though did he. He just said that the picture posted would indicate Iheanacho has had a better season than Martial (which they do). Of course there's mitigating factors around them, but then what is the point of posting pure goals stats as a way to boost Martial's reputation when they look unfavourable on him anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
That iheanacho is better than Martial my brother
Where did I say, or even allude to that?

If I say Troy Deeney has played more league minutes than Aguero it doesn't mean I think he's better than him lol
#zeddyexposed
Original post by Zayn is Bae
It's not like he actually said though did he. He just said that the picture posted would indicate Iheanacho has had a better season than Martial (which they do). Of course there's mitigating factors around them, but then what is the point of posting pure goals stats as a way to boost Martial's reputation when they look unfavourable on him anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You lot have taken the picture out of hand. The purpose of the table in the picture was not to compare certain players at all. All the table shows is the top scorers in the BPL for players aged 21 and under. The table does not indicate or prove anyone had a better season at all so you're wrong there.

Also, If i post some stats like that without words then I'm not trying to make any point. I'm merely just sharing facts.
(edited 7 years ago)
You lot have taken the picture out of hand. The purpose of the table in the picture was not to compare certain players at all. All the table shows is the top scorers in the BPL for players aged 21 and under. The table does not indicate or prove anyone had a better season at all so you're wrong there.

Liar, it's near impossible in life to not have a viewpoint on something, particularly when you're educated in that subject. I wasn't saying that you were wrong anyway, was just showing that if that trail of thought is being attributed to Nickini, then it can also be attributed to you (in which case both of you would be wrong, but neither of you actually meant what others have claimed).

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Rk2k14
Looking at the squad it's going to be a strong team and you thought LVG wasn't stupid enough to do that lol
@Rk2k14
Looking at the squad it's going to be a strong team and you thought LVG wasn't stupid enough to do that lol

He clearly thinks going out with a win will actually strengthen his position as manager lol.
Original post by Lúcio

Yeah nice one Jeff, you've covered yourself so that if he comes and flops or becomes a great addition you can come back on here and say you were right.
He's bagged wherever he's gone.
Big games is where he's unpredictable.
Original post by Rk2k14
He's bagged wherever he's gone.
Big games is where he's unpredictable.

And even then not recently, scoring in Euro/WC qualifiers and CL knockout games. The whole "playing in a poor league" becomes moot when you do it for 10+ years in multiple leagues, scoring over 30 goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest