The Student Room Group

OU, MATHS, MASTERS, PSYCHOLOGY- help!!!

Hello everyone, I'm currently finishing my access course whilst retaking my maths GCSE. I've recently found out that I am pregnant (planned) and was now planning on doing the Open University and studying Psychology in hopes of moving on to do my masters and become a Clinical Psychologist. I know that you do not need any entry grades, but I am still going to finish my access course. The thing is is that I'm really struggling with maths, I'm doing the higher paper and am hoping To achieve a C grade, but if this fails, if I finish my undergrade course with the OU and then move on to do my masters degree, if I don't have my GCSE maths, will this prevent me from getting on the masters course?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is really stressing me out, my brain just can not handle maths lol although I will try my best to achieve a C, I'm just worrying if I don't will this then become a problem when trying to do my masters?
Original post by Kirstyjayne26
Hello everyone, I'm currently finishing my access course whilst retaking my maths GCSE. I've recently found out that I am pregnant (planned) and was now planning on doing the Open University and studying Psychology in hopes of moving on to do my masters and become a Clinical Psychologist. I know that you do not need any entry grades, but I am still going to finish my access course. The thing is is that I'm really struggling with maths, I'm doing the higher paper and am hoping To achieve a C grade, but if this fails, if I finish my undergrade course with the OU and then move on to do my masters degree, if I don't have my GCSE maths, will this prevent me from getting on the masters course?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is really stressing me out, my brain just can not handle maths lol although I will try my best to achieve a C, I'm just worrying if I don't will this then become a problem when trying to do my masters?

As far as i m aware nearly every university requires a C at gcse maths for entry i m afraid.
Original post by claireestelle
As far as i m aware nearly every university requires a C at gcse maths for entry i m afraid.

Not for a MSc though? Just had a look at a couple and none of them mention GCSE's. I'm sure they assume that if you managed your undergad stats then you'll be fine.
Thank you guys for your replies, much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest