The Student Room Group

Likely verbs and nouns for Spanish Higher Reading GCSE

I'm about to go into my exam completely unprepared. What verbs/nouns often come up in papers that I should know?

EDIT: I didn't mention my exam my exam board in the heading - I'm doing the Edexcel Spanish Higher Reading
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
r u doing aqa?
Original post by salty670
r u doing aqa?

No I'm on Edexcel ;((
Reply 3
would say that the best thing to do is just do past papers
scroll to around page 50 in this document, and there's a huge list of words by edexcel themselves that are recommended to know.
since your exam is tomorrow (im sitting it too, ahhh) you won't be able to learn them all, but focus on ones that aren't cognates, and seem to be harder, as it's likely for you to guess some words during the exam :

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Spanish/2009/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG033594_GCSE_Lin_Spanish_Issue_5_Print.pdf

i haven't looked at it myself tbh, but i'm hoping to recall some words I already know (i usually get A's and A*'s on practise papers) - plus, i have a PE exam tomorrow too so i've had no time for Spanish - however, a friend said it's useful.
Original post by bethanyjx
scroll to around page 50 in this document, and there's a huge list of words by edexcel themselves that are recommended to know.
since your exam is tomorrow (im sitting it too, ahhh) you won't be able to learn them all, but focus on ones that aren't cognates, and seem to be harder, as it's likely for you to guess some words during the exam :

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Spanish/2009/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG033594_GCSE_Lin_Spanish_Issue_5_Print.pdf

i haven't looked at it myself tbh, but i'm hoping to recall some words I already know (i usually get A's and A*'s on practise papers) - plus, i have a PE exam tomorrow too so i've had no time for Spanish - however, a friend said it's useful.

Yeah I can definitely see these coming up. Thank you very much! :smile:
Good luck on your exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending