The Student Room Group

Poem Analysis - Unseen Poem

I'm laaaaaaaaaame at analysing poems. Any advice? Also, how do I compare it? Like what features do I focus on and look out for?
use MITSL innit. Meaning, Imagery, Structure and Language.

analyse, go deep in, proper close language analysis and link to question, themes and sub themes.

Truss me, do this and A* will be bare easy
Original post by roadmanchasin£££

analyse, go deep in, proper close language analysis and link to question, themes and sub themes.

What Does the T stand for?
Original post by LaurenHannahL
What Does the T stand for?

oh sorry bruv it stands for Tone
This is for the WJEC board-
First paragraph write about your understanding of both poems.
Then answer the question which is usually what effect does it have on something usually a person for the first poem.
Then write about language technique in the first poem (try to do two)
Then write two points on structure of the first poem
Then write about the mood and atmosphere in the first poem
In every paragraph write about your feelings, how does ... make you feel? Show a connection to the poem.

Then use the same thing for poem 2 and as your going through write comparisons.
Then write about comparisons properly if you have time.
Write a conclusion, which poem do you prefer? Why? What impact has it had on you? My teachers advice was LIE, make up a feeling for every single point because the examiner will be impressed that you have really connected with the poem.

It's a two hour paper, my teacher advised us to spend an hour on our first text, then an hour on the unseen poetry even though it's worth less marks because if your work has averaged an A for the first few pages most likely it won't suddenly turn into an A* on the fourth page so it's best to get a good understanding of the poems.
oh sorry bruv it stands for Tone

Which exam board are you doing?
Original post by LaurenHannahL
Which exam board are you doing?

im doing edexcel, mans got his poetry exam on friday called ''Understanding Poetry''

the exams 1hr 45mins long like imagine how much weed i could be bunning in that time bmt

MAN LIKE, imma go 10 inch deep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending