The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To apply for the 5 year course you will have to have the A-levels and fund it yourself (unless you haven't used student finance previously)
I know a lot of graduates that have applied and completed grad dental courses and undergrad courses.

Undergrad although can be more expensive etc the extra year tends to be worth it ! Honestly it's just one year in the grand scheme of things.

Check out Peninsula :smile:
Original post by jamesw12
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone knew of Universities offering graduate entry Dentistry. I know kcl, Aberdeen, Liverpool and uclan offer the accelerated 4 year course but I cant find any other Universities in the UK.

If there aren't any others is it still common for graduates to apply to the 5 year courses?

Hi, most unis have phased graduate entry out now due to new guidance saying that there should be a minimum number of hours a student must do before they can gain their BDS. You can however get the same financial help as an undergraduate. You can get this funding for a second degree if the second degree is either medicine, dentistry or veterinary science. I undertook a degree in Biomedical science and then applied to undergraduate dentistry as there were so few graduate entry course. I have started writing a blog which might help you.. the link is on my profile :smile:
Original post by jamesw12
Hi guys,

I was wondering whether anyone knew of Universities offering graduate entry Dentistry. I know kcl, Aberdeen, Liverpool and uclan offer the accelerated 4 year course but I cant find any other Universities in the UK.

If there aren't any others is it still common for graduates to apply to the 5 year courses?

I've just graduated from a graduate entry dental school, I don't mind offering some help if you need any. Feel free to private message me
Reply 5
Hello! I want to apply for dentistry entry 2017. I just graduated from university with a BSc in Oral Health Science. From my highers I got an A from Art, A from Maths, B from Chemistry and B from Biology and C from English. I want to apply to Aberdeen for graduate entry but I am thinking to apply for 5 year courses too. I have done a lot of voluntary work but most Universities ask for an honours degree and I only have a bachelor since that's all that my University provided. I am still to sit my UKCAT test in October.
Do you guys think I still have a chance to get in even though I don't have an honours?
Should I apply or 5 year courses too? Am I more likely to get in?
Hi all! I am also applying this year :smile:
Original post by JD6
To apply for the 5 year course you will have to have the A-levels and fund it yourself (unless you haven't used student finance previously)

Hello! When applying on UCAS what fee code do I choose?
I am applying to a mix of graduate as well as undergraduate
Original post by Dentist_wanna
Hi all! I am also applying this year :smile:

What fee code are you putting in UCAS?
Hello :smile:,I am a dental student. If you require help regarding the applications, interviews or what to expect from Dental School, feel free to message me.Regards.
Original post by helloimastudent
What fee code are you putting in UCAS?

I haven't reached that step yet as I haven't uploaded my PS yet. BTW where are you appying to?
I haven't reached that step yet as I haven't uploaded my PS yet. BTW where are you appying to?

all places that do the graduate version. Im scared how about you
and when you find out about the fee code please let me know I'm so confused!

also, are you and everyone else putting their university modules onto UCAS or not?
I am planning to submit by friday. I am not putting my uni modules just the overall degree mark. I really want KCL but my UKCAT score is not upto their standard!
Reply 14
I am planning to submit by friday. I am not putting my uni modules just the overall degree mark. I really want KCL but my UKCAT score is not upto their standard!

Hey, out of curiosity what *is your UKCAT score?
600 :/ Where are you applying to?
Hey, where do you study?
Hi guys I sent my application to UCLAN, kings x2 and Aberdeen. I Wonder when we hear back from them. I haven't got confirmation from UCLAN. Shall I call them??
Original post by dentist2019
Hi guys I sent my application to UCLAN, kings x2 and Aberdeen. I Wonder when we hear back from them. I haven't got confirmation from UCLAN. Shall I call them??

Hi, I suggest ringing them, UCLan sent me a conformation letter instantly to verify my email.

Also we will hear if we have been invited to the test next week. Good luck.
Original post by JohnDeMetz
Hi, I suggest ringing them, UCLan sent me a conformation letter instantly to verify my email.

Also we will hear if we have been invited to the test next week. Good luck.

did you guys get on to the test day? I've just had the email today

Latest