The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I think P456 is easier than P123. I hate P123 but love P456 and P7. I'm hoping to get 100 UMS in them. Hopefully. Lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

What is UMS?
Original post by sahra30013
Wow, nice picture! It looks so professional!

I do Edexcel and I don't think we have 15 markers, instead 16 markers. This is usually the mast questions and you will be given a statement to discuss.

1) Firstly, plan! Planning is key and this will help you get the top marks
2) Introduce what you are going to say e.g. I am going to talk about....
3) write a paragraph or 2 to address why the statement is correct by adding lots of historical context. Make it detailed and always refer back to the question
4) Do the same to address why the statement is not correct
5) Finally, add your opinion e.g. Overall, I ....

Hope that helps:smile:

Aw thank-you Sahra! they told me to 'act natural,' lol!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DarkxAngel5
I don't know if you are still replying but you seem to have really great grades! Good luck!!!

Also if it isn't a bother, would you mind sharing your double chemistry and physics science notes? Or at least give us tips on how to successfully revise so that you can still remember what you've revise after days? Thank you ^-^

Yeah I am still replying (when I can find time). I do triple science not double and might be able to share my notes later today. As for remembering it, make something so that you can recap everything very quickly to ensure nothing is forgotten. I use flashcards but a white board or cover and check work quite well. :smile:
Original post by mypetpikachu
So true...did ya get that off somewhere..or made it up..?

I made it up.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by ?Hannah
What is UMS?

UMS is how you're awarded a grade. If 90 UMS for a paper is 45/60. Then you need to get 45/60 for an A*.

Original post by NiamhM1801
I managed to find the mark scheme :biggrin:
So this was for a 3 marker but it contains many more points, so I guess we could mould it into a 6 mark response if we tried :smile: (part b of the question btw)

image.png

Thank you! And referring back to your posts of P456, yeah, they are quite an easy module as long as you understand the science involved! Just want to get additional done and over with :smile:
I made it up.

Pretty cool...
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Thank you! And referring back to your posts of P456, yeah, they are quite an easy module as long as you understand the science involved! Just want to get additional done and over with :smile:

You're welcome! :biggrin:
And yeah I just can't wait for exams in general to be over, but yeah I agree that additional is particularly tedious. I'm dreading the 7s though :s-smilie:
Go for it.

' You make me rock hard baby all night. Love's like a glove and it fits just right ' - Kiss - Rock hard. Haven't listened to this track for ages.

Squad goals for life..lmao...jk
Does anyone know of any very hard mathematics questions? I would like to practise solving as many before the further maths exam so the harder, the better.
Original post by Redcoats
Does anyone know of any very hard mathematics questions? I would like to practise solving as many before the further maths exam so the harder, the better.

You do further maths as well? What exam board do you do...?
You do further maths as well? What exam board do you do...?

AQA Level 2 IGCSE. Do feel free to send me further maths A-Level Edexcel questions as well; I'd love to give them a try!
AQA Level 2 IGCSE. Do feel free to send me further maths A-Level Edexcel questions as well; I'd love to give them a try!

Hmm...oh no..I don't do edexcel..i do Aqa as well but just not the iGcse...I'm just doing past papers..and going in mr Barton's maths...they give loads of practice papers on their with YouTube videos to explain every question...you should probably go on that and try it out..it might help...
Hmm...oh no..I don't do edexcel..i do Aqa as well but just not the iGcse...I'm just doing past papers..and going in mr Barton's maths...they give loads of practice papers on their with YouTube videos to explain every question...you should probably go on that and try it out..it might help...

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already using Mr Barton and other sites! I was hoping for just random questions not confined to a specific exam board to prepare me for anything
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already using Mr Barton and other sites! I was hoping for just random questions not confined to a specific exam board to prepare me for anything

Ohh okay...sorry..I don't really know any..

Have you done the practise papers out of the workbook? Some of them are pretty tricky tbh
Original post by NiamhM1801
Have you done the practise papers out of the workbook? Some of them are pretty tricky tbh

Yes, I didn't find them too hard!
Yes, I didn't find them too hard!

Wow...ur pretty smart...don't think there is anything more you can do...you've already done more than enough..well done for that though...👍👍👏👏
Wow...ur pretty smart...don't think there is anything more you can do...you've already done more than enough..well done for that though...👍👍👏👏

Thank you very much, perhaps you're right
Thank you very much, perhaps you're right

No worries...👍👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending