The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Raleigh Park standard accommodation

Hi guys,
I'm from Nepal. Got an unconditional offer + 100% scholarship into the Msc. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Management at UoN. I have given my 3 preferences for accommodation. 1st is Raleigh park ( standard). Do you have any idea whom will we be sharing the kitchens and the bathrooms with ? As in how are the rest of the 5 peple going to be selected ? I dont want to be the odd one out LOL. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers !
Original post by Sudh11
Hi guys,
I'm from Nepal. Got an unconditional offer + 100% scholarship into the Msc. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Management at UoN. I have given my 3 preferences for accommodation. 1st is Raleigh park ( standard). Do you have any idea whom will we be sharing the kitchens and the bathrooms with ? As in how are the rest of the 5 peple going to be selected ? I dont want to be the odd one out LOL. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Cheers !

Hiya!

I'm starting in September for adult nursing (if I reach the grade requirements!) and I've applied to stay in Raleigh park too :smile: from what I gather the standard rooms share a bathroom with anything from 3-7 other people, same with the kitchen. It all depends on how many people are in your dorm as to how many people you share with. I think it's all pretty random with the placements, but from what I hear they tend to put all of the medical students together. Other than that, I think room placements are random. Also, be prepared for the university to request a £250 room deposit if you get into Raleigh park. They did this to me and you have to find the money in 3 days other wise they terminate your room offer - so have your deposit at the ready! :smile: This is because raleigh park is owned by a separate company and not by the university itself - the uni just rents the accommodation from a company called 'derwent students' (check out their website!). Hope this helps! :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by atunnicliffe
Hiya!

I'm starting in September for adult nursing (if I reach the grade requirements!) and I've applied to stay in Raleigh park too :smile: from what I gather the standard rooms share a bathroom with anything from 3-7 other people, same with the kitchen. It all depends on how many people are in your dorm as to how many people you share with. I think it's all pretty random with the placements, but from what I hear they tend to put all of the medical students together. Other than that, I think room placements are random. Also, be prepared for the university to request a £250 room deposit if you get into Raleigh park. They did this to me and you have to find the money in 3 days other wise they terminate your room offer - so have your deposit at the ready! :smile: This is because raleigh park is owned by a separate company and not by the university itself - the uni just rents the accommodation from a company called 'derwent students' (check out their website!). Hope this helps! :smile:

Hey, yes i did find out about the 250 deposit. Thanks a lot for the info. Looking forward to reaching Nottingham.
Reply 3
Hiya!

hello! i am a prospective postgrad starting in Sep 17. May i have your opinion on staying at Raleigh Park? How are the people over there? Is there much social life - especially for PG. thanks!! :smile:
Hiya!

Which block are you in? I'm a returning student but moving to Raleigh park, so excited

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending