The Student Room Group

Do English girls get married to international students?

Scroll to see replies

out of curiosity, if you were to get married within a year of your staying here, would you be expecting your wife to move to your country?
Original post by sherlockfan
out of curiosity, if you were to get married within a year of your staying here, would you be expecting your wife to move to your country?

Not necessarily. I am going to a country different from my home after UK.
Original post by DNA89
Not necessarily. I am going to a country different from my home after UK.

Right. I can tell you you're probably not going to find a wife here within a year. Focus on your studies and take up other interests and hobbies instead.
Right. I can tell you you're probably not going to find a wife here within a year. Focus on your studies and take up other interests and hobbies instead.

Indeed, after all these answers I am kind of convinced to take out marriage from the list.
Original post by DNA89
Indeed, after all these answers I am kind of convinced to take out marriage from the list.

That's probably for the best. :smile:

I think you'll be in for a bit of a culture shock when you come here.
That's probably for the best. :smile:

I think you'll be in for a bit of a culture shock when you come here.

I am open for new experiences. This won't be my first time studying abroad. I have studies another master in Malaysia and a course in the US and been to several European countries, but would love to know why you think I would have a culture shock there? See I don't want to google such things, these personal responses I get here are much genuine and responsive to my questions.
Original post by DNA89
I am open for new experiences. This won't be my first time studying abroad. I have studies another master in Malaysia and a course in the US and been to several European countries, but would love to know why you think I would have a culture shock there? See I don't want to google such things, these personal responses I get here are much genuine and responsive to my questions.

Well, I'm not aware of how well travelled you are, I don't know you personally. But I think women here like to be more independent than what you might be used to in your country, and many prefer to get into long term relationships without ever getting married at all.

anyway, it's late. goodnight.
Original post by bolly_mad
Wait...are you coming to study or get married?

Priorities, man! Priorities!

LOL
Original post by DNA89
Why is that? I have an idea but would be good to know from you. Btw, does it help if I tell the girls that Kurds are fighting ISIS and stuff? :biggrin:

It's because the majority British people are racist and see those that come from the Middle East as sub-human, whether they like to admit it or not.
Original post by Anonymous
It's because the majority British people are racist and see those that come from the Middle East as sub-human, whether they like to admit it or not.

Surely there are racists everywhere, in the Middle East more than other places, but I don't think the majority of English people are racists. There are misconceptions about Middle East but it is due to ignorance and lack of knowledge. For example, many think that Middle East is a piece of desert where humans are living by hunting camels and kill each other in the name of Sharia law. Now it is hard to explain that it is not the case. I hope, individually I will be able to clear some of that dust at least with my surroundings.
Lmao don't bother with English girls. There's so many nicer girls out there
Original post by Anonymous
Lmao don't bother with English girls. There's so many nicer girls out there

I disagree. English girls are among most beautiful girls I have seen. The very first kiss in my life has been from an English girl :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending