The Student Room Group

Parents are being cold

I feel like since my mum meant my step father she has became cold I feel like the only time they tell me I love you are when I say it to be kind but htey don't mean it.I feel like my step father is never proud he only sees the bad in me never satisfied and he couldn't care less about my future because I am not biologically his he is only with my mum for her and he probably sees me as someone to deal with.

I feel distraught I hate coming home I wish I was grown up so I could run away and not have to face the reality and life.I am tired fo the coldness they never speak to me unless they want something whether it is to pass something or do something else.
Reply 1
get them a jumper
Original post by Anonymous1502
I feel like since my mum meant my step father she has became cold I feel like the only time they tell me I love you are when I say it to be kind but htey don't mean it.I feel like my step father is never proud he only sees the bad in me never satisfied and he couldn't care less about my future because I am not biologically his he is only with my mum for her and he probably sees me as someone to deal with.

I feel distraught I hate coming home I wish I was grown up so I could run away and not have to face the reality and life.I am tired fo the coldness they never speak to me unless they want something whether it is to pass something or do something else.

They probably do enjoy your presence, stop thinking like that. Maybe suggest that you all go out together some where like the strawberry farm or find things you and your step father have in common. Try to be optimistic about it, it can be hard at times and sometimes we over think things like the relationship between us and our parents when really they should be unquestionable things to us. Maybe if you make an effort to possibly form a bond your parents will see you in a different light or appreciate your efforts and cooperate.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
They probably do enjoy your presence, stop thinking like that. Maybe suggest that you all go out together some where like the strawberry farm or find things you and your step father have in common. Try to be optimistic about it, it can be hard at times and sometimes we over think things like the relationship between us and our parents when really they should be unquestionable things to us. Maybe if you make an effort to possibly form a bond your parents will see you in a different light or appreciate your efforts and cooperate.

I tried so hard last weekend on Saturday,Sunday I made delicious breakfast in order to bring everyone together.I made delicious french toast my mum had a bite threw it away the next day I made scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes.None of them ever thank me or say anything nice it hurts a lot when you try so hard.My mum always shouts and always wants to be alone she never asks me anything if she does she does not really care how my day went or anything as such.1 of our things in common between step father and me is fashion however he does not want to talk to me.
I tried so hard last weekend on Saturday,Sunday I made delicious breakfast in order to bring everyone together.I made delicious french toast my mum had a bite threw it away the next day I made scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes.None of them ever thank me or say anything nice it hurts a lot when you try so hard.My mum always shouts and always wants to be alone she never asks me anything if she does she does not really care how my day went or anything as such.1 of our things in common between step father and me is fashion however he does not want to talk to me.

Are you sure you're not being overly dramatic?
I mean, my parents aren't the type that express their love or ask me about my day very often either but I still know they care. Some relationships with parents aren't as conventional as made out to be on tv or in movies.

Tell them to be nice to you or you'll leave them to die miserable, alone and unloved when they get too old to look after themselves :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
tell them to stand in the corner, where its always 90 degrees :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending