The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Please listen to my facts link, you'll like it.

Yeah I love that song. Got into Kanye quite recently so still catching up on all his old stuff.
Reply 8741
Original post by mhsc
Plz explain which race I offended

He's probably a #whitebritishlivesmatter advocate.
Reply 8742
hope lallana doesnt get benched with all the new signings coming in. Really fits klopps style and put in some great performances last season. Had a decent euros too and should have started the iceland game. If he adds a few more goals he will have a special season
Just stating

Please listen to my facts link, you'll like it.

maybe you should listen to what song you actually posted
Reply 8744
Original post by difeo
maybe you should listen to what song you actually posted

I don't get it
Reported
Original post by Lúcio
Honestly I don't think many thought his career would go as it did once he left Liverpool.

You could see players like Alonso we're going to prosper, but it's a pleasant surprise that Mascherano went the way he did.

This season is gonna be crazy. Even if you completely ignore the players each team has, look at the list of managers at the top clubs! It's unreal...

Reckon this is the year Arsenal miss out on top four. Their luck has to run out eventually.
Original post by sr90
Reckon this is the year Arsenal miss out on top four. Their luck has to run out eventually.

Who would beat them to 4th though?

I'm not sure Spurs would have such a good season again and Leicester will be nowhere near.

I guess without Europe we could surprise people, but we struggled in the league last season so I don't wanna be too optimistic...
Original post by sr90
I'm kind of getting that feeling too. I think the other clubs are all a signing or so away from them being in trouble but if things goes as planned they seem to be worst placed with their injury situation, looking like one of the weakest squads, and I think most would say the weakest manager, and as usual they do also have CL to add to those early season woes which of those traditional rivals only City have. If they squander the others clubs bedding in period, it could be a real challenge to overhaul that.

The Leicester issue is an interesting one, no one seems to think they will be in the race this season. I guess the fairytale seems to good to have happened once let alone twice in two seasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
I'm kind of getting that feeling too. I think the other clubs are all a signing or so away from them being in trouble but if things goes as planned they seem to be worst placed with their injury situation, looking like one of the weakest squads, and I think most would say the weakest manager, and as usual they do also have CL to add to those early season woes which of those traditional rivals only City have. If they squander the others clubs bedding in period, it could be a real challenge to overhaul that.

The Leicester issue is an interesting one, no one seems to think they will be in the race this season. I guess the fairytale seems to good to have happened once let alone twice in two seasons.

That's Arsenal all over though - for a long time they've been one or two quality signings away from a title winning squad but they just won't put that extra £10-20m in to the transfer and they lose out.

Chelsea, City and United all have superior squads and managers so really can't see Arsenal being top 3, regardless of said managers being new to club.

The last spot is anybody's really - Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Southampton, even outsiders like Stoke and Everton could do something special.
I'd call Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs the favourites due to managers, fixture population or squad quality.

The BPL nowadays is by far the most competitive I've ever seen it and it makes getting that top 4 place more important than ever.

Leicester without Kante just won't be the same. Keeping Mahrez and Vardy would be big but it just won't be anywhere near the same for them.
Plus they have Europe to contend with too...
Original post by Lúcio
That's Arsenal all over though - for a long time they've been one or two quality signings away from a title winning squad but they just won't put that extra £10-20m in to the transfer and they lose out.

Chelsea, City and United all have superior squads and managers so really can't see Arsenal being top 3, regardless of said managers being new to club.

The last spot is anybody's really - Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Southampton, even outsiders like Stoke and Everton could do something special.
I'd call Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs the favourites due to managers, fixture population or squad quality.

The BPL nowadays is by far the most competitive I've ever seen it and it makes getting that top 4 place more important than ever.

Leicester without Kante just won't be the same. Keeping Mahrez and Vardy would be big but it just won't be anywhere near the same for them.
Plus they have Europe to contend with too...

Psff Man Utd have an average squad at best.
Reply 8753
Na Spurs will miss out on top 4 imo. Arsenal will come 4th personally as I believe they have enough to finish above Liverpool and Spurs(if you consider Chelsea, City and United as the top 3 candidates).

I don't think Leicester will be above 6th place either without Kante.
Reply 8754
Original post by Zerforax
Psff Man Utd have an average squad at best.

But they ain't going to take europa seriously until the latter stages, they're likely to have Paul Pogba in midfield, just bought Ibra and Mkhitaryan, regardless of whether the signings are overrated it is at the very least stronger than Arsenal, which essentially is the barometer of making top 4.

If Arsenal were to get a striker and a winger, then there's title talk though. So really it's a fine balance. Arsenal will still have enough for top 4 imo.
But they ain't going to take europa seriously until the latter stages, they're likely to have Paul Pogba in midfield, just bought Ibra and Mkhitaryan, regardless of whether the signings are overrated it is at the very least stronger than Arsenal, which essentially is the barometer of making top 4.

If Arsenal were to get a striker and a winger, then there's title talk though. So really it's a fine balance. Arsenal will still have enough for top 4 imo.

I dunno.. I'm still not convinced.
In their defence, DDG is world class, Smalling is a good CB. Shaw coming back after a season of injury and the rest are functional but average. Midfield looks better with Pogba but it's a lot of pressure being the most expensive player in the world, the pace will be quicker and he'll be in a less dominant team compared to Juventus. Not sure if he'll be 100% ready from the get go. Ibra's lack of pace will probably be an issue. Mkhitaryan will do well. Not that many quality players and Mourinho has to gel them all..
Reply 8756
In their defence, DDG is world class, Smalling is a good CB. Shaw coming back after a season of injury and the rest are functional but average. Midfield looks better with Pogba but it's a lot of pressure being the most expensive player in the world, the pace will be quicker and he'll be in a less dominant team compared to Juventus. Not sure if he'll be 100% ready from the get go. Ibra's lack of pace will probably be an issue. Mkhitaryan will do well. Not that many quality players and Mourinho has to gel them all..

The pace will be quicker but pretty sure that will suit Pogba. Mourinho is pretty good with functional defences with one or two good defensive players, he used a past it Ivanovic for the whole of 2014/15 and made the defence work e.g. I think the issue will be how Mourinho balances the defence and attack as that has often been a criticism of him in the past but he'd be able to play a higher line with Smalling and Bailly as the CBs instead of Terry and Cahill, when you look at it that way Ibra will benefit as he's closer to goal.

I think Mourinho will move the line deeper and press less as the season goes on which will eventually isolate Ibra in order to preserve the team over all competitions but I think he'll get enough points earlier in the season to make up for it.

Basically I don't think any team other than City or Chelsea can go above United, Liverpool have no europe but rely on a guy who's constantly injured for goals and while Klopp has tried to solve that by buying goalscoring midfielders in Mane and Wijnaldum, it is much less known how good they actually will be, questionable buys I'm essentially trying to say even if the logic in buying them is completely sound. Basically you're a Sturridge+Origi injury from being 8th imo. There's also the gelling part for you lot. Although if you were to gel, Sturridge is fit, Matip works out and the goalscoring midfielders actually score goals then really you could probably win the title.

Also I don't rate Spurs, they're completely irrelevant to me wrt title race and I don't think they're better than Arsenal so won't make top 4.
(edited 7 years ago)

Martial tho
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by igggy
hope lallana doesnt get benched with all the new signings coming in. Really fits klopps style and put in some great performances last season. Had a decent euros too and should have started the iceland game. If he adds a few more goals he will have a special season

Firmino should eat the bench more than lallana

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
3rd kit

3rd kits are useless. U remember in 2014 they only used 3rd kit once

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest