The Student Room Group

Are you the smartest in your group of friends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
I feel like the people I'm friends with tend to be smarter in areas where I'm lacking :tongue: my friends tend to complement my personality.

This is a good point, My close friends are all quite extroverted, bar one other who is more similar to me in our friends circle. Pretty interesting really :p:
LOL, behave yourself. He could leave you feeling humiliated and inferior at an art exhibition the same way you could with him/her at the periodic table. That simple doesn't make you smarter.

Nor does not needing a foundation year as you mentioned previously (I don't think relatively many people need a foundation year actually)...
Original post by Chakede
in the middle or the thickest ? do you have to explain your jokes to others or are the one they are being explained to?

Academically smart yeah I'm near the top but I get complacent sometimes with deadlines so my grades take a hit. In terms of general intelligence and problem solving, I'm the smartest.

Problem is, I'm the most clumsy AF person I know and am terrible at life smarts in terms of the outside world, yet I'm good in terms of tasks that require independence or tinkering :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, @thunder_chunky is far smarter.
Reply 25
Original post by z33
I feel like the people I'm friends with tend to be smarter in areas where I'm lacking :tongue: my friends tend to complement my personality.

Like for example I'm the one who has to explain jokes and stuff, I'm quick and witty with that kinda stuff, but they'd be first to understand something in class and explain it to me when I'd be sitting there still tryna wrap my head around the starter by the end of lesson :lol:

It depends on what you mean by smart, and how you'd measure it. I have a friend who is like... so so slow and clumsy and just out of the loop and "umm"s for like 30 seconds before answering the register but she gets A*s in exams in STEM subjects soooooo... she'd be hard to classify.

Quick? Witty? You?:s-smilie: :tongue:

But yeah I think most of my friends are around the same level as me; if I had to rank us though I'm the smartest:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pmc:producer
LOL, behave yourself. He could leave you feeling humiliated and inferior at an art exhibition the same way you could with him/her at the periodic table. That simple doesn't make you smarter.

Nor does not needing a foundation year as you mentioned previously (I don't think relatively many people need a foundation year actually)...

Well, he couldn't really because he studies graphics, not Art, my mistake. I see your point though :biggrin:

Also, this is what other people say, not me
I think we're all smart in different things
Original post by Chakede
in the middle or the thickest ? do you have to explain your jokes to others or are the one they are being explained to?

I think one of my friends might be marginally dumber than I am, but it's a close call. The rest are definitely all much much smarter.
Original post by plsn0ban *_*
Indeed. You should have titled the thread "in your group of high achieving entrepreneurs" then I would have felt more at home. :macarena:

i like the way you think hmm:wink:
On the whole, yes, by far. To the point where I'm considered quite special and get consulted for advice on everything from relationships to pensions and mortgages etc. I've actually found it to be fairly isolating and have gone as far as deciding to go back into education so I can meet/be around more intelligent people.
Reply 31
University: God no.
Home: Yes.
No some of my friends are straight A* students.
Reply 33
Original post by saraxh
No some of my friends are straight A* students.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're smart.
I'm not the smartest amongst my group of friends, but I'm pretty high up there, like second.
Define smart. Having to explain a joke to others doesn't make one smarter.
Reply 36
Original post by Andy98
Quick? Witty? You?:s-smilie: :tongue:

But yeah I think most of my friends are around the same level as me; if I had to rank us though I'm the smartest:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heeeyyyyyy **** off :lol:
You are smart :tongue:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
No, @thunder_chunky is far smarter.

Obviously that's not true.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Obviously that's not true.

Obviously I was joking.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Reply 39
Original post by z33