The Student Room Group

Possible later entry, now what

I applied to two universities, one is firm and the other is my second choice. I would really like to go to the first but they told me I would receive my exam results too late (it was postponed because of health issues) and could only reapply in 2017. I was also happy about the statement I sent them. Does this mean I would have to send them a brand new statement next year (if) or could I send a similar/same one?
The other thing is, I am already applying for this subject late, I am 22 now. Would it make sense to wait another year? I could probably only work and the sooner you go to study, the better ... What is your opinion?
Reply 1
Original post by AQuestion1
I applied to two universities, one is firm and the other is my second choice. I would really like to go to the first but they told me I would receive my exam results too late (it was postponed because of health issues) and could only reapply in 2017. I was also happy about the statement I sent them. Does this mean I would have to send them a brand new statement next year (if) or could I send a similar/same one?
The other thing is, I am already applying for this subject late, I am 22 now. Would it make sense to wait another year? I could probably only work and the sooner you go to study, the better ... What is your opinion?

You can use the same personal statement if you wish. But you will be a year older and will thus have a year of new experiences. You would be silly to use exactly the same personal statement and not change a few bits
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You can use the same personal statement if you wish. But you will be a year older and will thus have a year of new experiences. You would be silly to use exactly the same personal statement and not change a few bits

Do you think they will notice/mind if it was similar or the same?
Original post by AQuestion1
Do you think they will notice/mind if it was similar or the same?

If you got accepted fine the first time, I don't see why you'd need to change a successful personal statement to reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending