The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for a 16+ oyster?

Silly question really but I'm 19, at university in London so full time education? so am i eligible for a 16+ oyster card?

On their terms and conditions they mention (18 or 19) once or twice. Does anyone 19 or over have a 16+ oyster card? (I'll be emailing them to ask anyway)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hot_Potato
Silly question really but I'm 19, at university so full time education? so am i eligible for a 16+ oyster card?

On their terms and conditions they mention (18 or 19) once or twice. Does anyone 19 or over have a 16+ oyster card? (I'll be emailing them to ask anyway)

Do you go to a London uni?
Silly question really but I'm 19, at university so full time education? so am i eligible for a 16+ oyster card?

I dont think you can get a free one in the above case but one where you get 30% off.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM

an important factor i missed out YES I DO!!
an important factor i missed out YES I DO!!

I don't think so. However I do believe there is an 18+ for one's travelling certain zones but you need to call up TFL to know for sure.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM

I dont think you can get a free one in the above case but one where you get 30% off.

An 18+ oyster charges you the same price as an adult, however if you buy a travel card (7 days, monthly, yearly etc) then you get a 30% discount only
Reply 6
Original post by loveleest
I don't think so. However I do believe there is an 18+ for one's travelling certain zones but you need to call up TFL to know for sure.

18+ is for all zones but charges you the adult price unless you get a travel ticket then you get a 30% discount :frown:
I know where you can get one, pm me
Reply 8
Original post by Saifali197
I know where you can get one, pm me

Sounds very dodgy for a PM.
From the .. Terms and conditions for the 16+ Zip Oyster photocard scheme

The 16+ Zip Oyster photocard allows young people aged 16 and 17 (from London or outside) to pay as you go at half the adult rate on TfL services and National Rail services where pay as you go is accepted. It also gives free bus and tram travel to Londoners aged 16 or 17 on 31 August 2016. Those aged 18 and in some cases 19 are also eligible as long as they remain in full time education and live in London.
If you have a 16-25 Railcard you can add that to an Oyster free and get 33% off NR, tube, & DLR fares and travelcards.
You may also want to look at the 18+ Student Oyster card ...
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adult-discounts-and-concessions/18-student

Quick Reply

Latest