The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jack0997
Hi mate, I also got put in Liberty which was not any of my preferences (glen 1,2 wessex 1,2 city) I sent the hotline an email but they just replied by saying the halls weren't that bad and I could apply to change once I got there which is a pain if you have to move around during freshes and miss stuff, they said it was due to these being the only en suite left which I find weird seeing as they have rooms to transfer to, all my mates going soton got their exact first choices and I applied in June so I'm struggling to understand why they put us here also, will probably phone later but I am pretty annoyed ngl don't know about you

Yeah buddy i was pretty annoyed too seeing as i applied on the 2nd of march (i think accomodation applications opened on the 24th feb?). I phoned to ask whether it was a mistake and they told me that the ones I've applied to got filled up very quickly (seeing as mayflower and glen eyre have nearly 3000 rooms altogether i find it very hard to believe). I'm not sure how they choose who the rooms go to but i doubt its on a first come first serve basis as we were told.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by konradsaja
Yeah buddy i was pretty annoyed too seeing as i applied on the 2nd of march (i think accomodation applications opened on the 24th feb?). I phoned to ask whether it was a mistake and they told me that the ones I've applied to got filled up very quickly (seeing as mayflower and glen eyre have nearly 3000 rooms altogether i find it very hard to believe). I'm not sure how they choose who the rooms go to but i doubt its on a first come first serve basis as we were told.

It's really annoying. They must have rooms left over otherwise they wouldn't say we could transfer when we get there; I was promised accommodation suited to the preferences when I went to my visit day and my mates who got their first choice got the offer the same day and 3000 rooms don't just go. Just going to keep phoning and pestering and say I'm unwilling to spend that kind of money just to miss university completely, I got the email from Liberty living and they said I have a premier en suite but I have no idea on the quality of these rooms all I know is they are in a dodgy area in a rundown building miles away from campus and supermarkets etc
Reply 22
Hey guys, I have got an accommodation offer for Glen Eyre Chancellors Court, Non-ensuite room. I however have a preference of an ensuite room. I called the accommodation team and they said a room swap might be possible if anyone would want a non-ensuite room.
If anyone would be interested in a swap, and has a ENSUITE ROOM, please do contact me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending