The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raji2001
Impressing results
Well done
Did u use those flashcards to get a* in biology or other subjects too? Thank you for sharing them? Any chance you have found your a* essays for English and history?
What did u do to revise for English?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I used them for all the sciences and geography and history. I have found some essays but I will upload them when I get to a computer that lets me upload them :smile:

Original post by Raji2001
H how do I get access to your account? What's ur profile name ? How many subjects did u make it for? Can only learn from your end though u r doing ocr and I am doing aqa? Sorry for a lot of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be able to click on me as the author of the cards or Zoe if the leaderboards show. You'll probably need to sign up with an email address to access them. Yes, they were designed around the OCR syllabus but there is some overlap into AQA.

Original post by President J

Hi :smile:
Hey Girls,

Sorry for the late reply. I got 3A* 4A and 2Bs. I'm happy with it. I just hope it's enough for Oxford. I've sort of changed my degree interest as I now want to study either Law or Philosophy and Theology. Although I am leaning more towards Philosophy and Theology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
I would also like to say well done to everyone. Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brainzistheword
Yes that's definitely a bonus! But yes I know what you mean in terms of the workload, but we will have to see what happens... And yes I'd have less time but surely that could be an advantage as well?

I celebrated with a Chinese takeaway. How about yourself? :smile:

Yes, I'm sure you can use the short time as an advantage as well, I wish you the best for what you choose to pursue in, in the future! :smile:

I celebrated with a Pizza party with my parents and later, will be going out with some friends to a nice restaurant! I might go to a Chinese buffet since you can never have enough of it sometimes! :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Hey Girls,

Sorry for the late reply. I got 3A* 4A and 2Bs. I'm happy with it. I just hope it's enough for Oxford. I've sort of changed my degree interest as I know want to study either Law or Philosophy and Theology. Although I am leaning more towards Philosophy and Theology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey - well done on those grades. I think you'll definitely have a good chance for Oxford! Those degrees sound rather interesting, although I wouldn't be able to advise you on your choice as I don't know much about those subjects :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Yes, I'm sure you can use the short time as an advantage as well, I wish you the best for what you choose to pursue in, in the future! :smile:

I celebrated with a Pizza party with my parents and later, will be going out with some friends to a nice restaurant! I might go to a Chinese buffet since you can never have enough of it sometimes! :biggrin:

Hopefully! :smile:

Ooh very nice! Enjoy your meal out and I definitely agree with you about not having enough of it! :biggrin:
Hey - well done on those grades. I think you'll definitely have a good chance for Oxford! Those degrees sound rather interesting, although I wouldn't be able to advise you on your choice as I don't know much about those subjects :smile:

Thanks Zoe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Girls,

Sorry for the late reply. I got 3A* 4A and 2Bs. I'm happy with it. I just hope it's enough for Oxford. I've sort of changed my degree interest as I now want to study either Law or Philosophy and Theology. Although I am leaning more towards Philosophy and Theology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Havent seen you for ages on here!

Well done on your grades - they're really good and i don't see any way that they'll stop you getting into oxford :smile: interesting choices, I'm sure you'll make up your mind soon :smile:
Hey Girls,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems rather apt for Oxford (with a bit of a push of course). I know a man who received 1A*, 1A, 7B's and a C yet is now studying mathematics at Oxford.
Original post by Redcoats
Seems rather apt for Oxford (with a bit of a push of course). I know a man who received 1A*, 1A, 7B's and a C yet is now studying mathematics at Oxford.

Sorry. I know this might be a stupid question but what does 'apt' mean and may I also ask what A level grades this man received? I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hey! Havent seen you for ages on here!

Well done on your grades - they're really good and i don't see any way that they'll stop you getting into oxford :smile: interesting choices, I'm sure you'll make up your mind soon :smile:

Thanks Niamh. To be honest I'm more drawn to Philosophy and Theology because I feel that suits me the most and will hopefully answer questions I have about this world and life. I can also go into quite a few fields with the degree and I can even go straight into law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I used them for all the sciences and geography and history. I have found some essays but I will upload them when I get to a computer that lets me upload them :smile:

You should be able to click on me as the author of the cards or Zoe if the leaderboards show. You'll probably need to sign up with an email address to access them. Yes, they were designed around the OCR syllabus but there is some overlap into AQA.

Hi :smile:

Thanks soo much for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I haven't really posted on here for a while. Haven't really had a lot to say. I got 2 A*s 3A 4B C and D at GCSE which was the best set of results in my school. (Nobody else got an A* this year or last year). I have finally enrolled at college and after months of debating what i want to do I have chosen to do Maths, Biology and Chemistry with the ultimate aim of Medicine even if I have to do GEM because of my poor GCSEs. I will most likely be making a GYG to help motivate me and others just like your thread helped me:h:
Original post by jamierogers21
Hey guys I haven't really posted on here for a while. Haven't really had a lot to say. I got 2 A*s 3A 4B C and D at GCSE which was the best set of results in my school. (Nobody else got an A* this year or last year). I have finally enrolled at college and after months of debating what i want to do I have chosen to do Maths, Biology and Chemistry with the ultimate aim of Medicine even if I have to do GEM because of my poor GCSEs. I will most likely be making a GYG to help motivate me and others just like your thread helped me:h:

Congrats bro. I'm sure you'll get there. I wish you all the best with A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

JAMIE, you still have your TSR account! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats bro. I'm sure you'll get there. I wish you all the best with A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers pal, you too
Original post by ?Hannah
JAMIE, you still have your TSR account! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't been on here much recently I've been too busy

Hi Jamie, it's been a while! :smile:

Well done on those grades! You should be really pleased with them!

Good luck with your A-levels and getting into medicine, I'm sure you'll be great. I'm glad the thread has helped you and I look forward to seeing your next year! :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !!! :h: I did quite bad tbh 3A* 2A 6B's :colonhash: So annoyed at the amount of B's

aw you did well!! I got (I know I haven't been here for agees idk if anyone remember me haha)
1 A* 4 A's a few B's and 1 C

I am remarking the B's and C becuase the results of each exam where f'd up: a in human geog, e in physical. ANd english lol was expecting A*s , in Lit got 1 A* in the books paper, then a D in poetry :'D omg haha

anyway I am so proud of everyone I am doing biology, chemistry and maths next year and I have got into a Grammar school haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending