The Student Room Group

chemical engineering student and their social life

So guys dose chemical engineering students have a fair social life, by that i mean go 2-3 time in a week with doing a good amount of hours studying ?

and is it really harder than med in term of equation and course work and design projects ?

i saw a loot of negative comments about ChmE in term of loaded work is it true ?
Reply 1
Original post by WhiteX
So guys dose chemical engineering students have a fair social life, by that i mean go 2-3 time in a week with doing a good amount of hours studying ?

and is it really harder than med in term of equation and course work and design projects ?

i saw a loot of negative comments about ChmE in term of loaded work is it true ?

It all depends on the person, but yes chem eng students do have social life (and others doing a different degree) if they manage their time effective.

Tagged in someone who can also answer this
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
It all depends on the person, but yes chem eng students do have social life (and others doing a different degree) if they manage their time effective.

Tagged in someone who can also answer this

i've seen a girl said that she barely sleeps 5 hours and dont go out at all for 2 weeks or maybe more god !
Original post by WhiteX

Hi there,

It is very person specific. It is very possible to go out multiple times a week and still have enough time to study and do project/class work. If you don't leave things until last minute, and organize everything, you'll be fine.

Engineering is typically pretty work heavy but, again, it's manageable. It's not something which can be easily compared to medicine since the degrees are incredibly different.

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
1-3 times a week is fine for the 1st year idk about 2nd year
I've just completed my first year of Chem eng and I don't feel like my social suffered at all! I may have had more contact hours than other people! But as long as you worked as well and kept on top of things you could go out quite a bit too! I got a first in my first year too!
Just be prepared to work hard and play hard!
Nah you have to play as hard as you work for engineering so your social life will be fine, good even.

I wouldn't say it's worse than med as med has a fairly constant high workload while for engineering you can slack off for a good portion of the year providing you put yourself into gear around assignment/exam season.

Quick Reply

Latest