The Student Room Group

Need help choosing alevels!!

I want to study psychology at university
So far I'm taking maths biology and psychology
But we have to take 4 at my school should I take English lit or chemistry (if you have any other subject sujestions that would be good)
Reply 1
It's good to take subjects that you enjoy but just make sure you can cope with the workload that they bring. There is a jump from GCSE to AS to A2 and many people end up in the trap of picking hard, highly respected subjects, which makes it harder for them to achieve the grades they need to get into the uni they want (assuming you want to go into a good uni which will have high requirements). This can then lead to the obvious issue of not getting into the uni you want, not studying what you want or having to retake... I'd personally suggest English Lit here based on that and the fact that I feel it would make you a much more rounded student as you'd have two essay orientated subjects in Eng Lit and Psychology as well as your more logical subjects in Maths and Biology if that makes sense? That's just my advice, I'm not sure of your capabilities and at the end of the day you should do what you think is best for yourself.
Original post by Sophie mac
I want to study psychology at university
So far I'm taking maths biology and psychology
But we have to take 4 at my school should I take English lit or chemistry (if you have any other subject sujestions that would be good)

Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chem
Reply 4
For helping towards a psychology degree, I'd say literature. Essay writing practise + analysis stuff + you're sort of getting inside the author's/characters' heads! :P

Quick Reply

Latest