The Student Room Group

what do i do with my a levels...

hj
(edited 6 years ago)
What are your predicted grades? That's what your offers will be made on the basis of.
they are likely to be A*AAB or A*ABB
Original post by helpmeahah123
they are likely to be A*AAB or A*ABB

The first and most important piece of advice is to drop down to 3 A levels A*AA is considered better by unis than say AABB. No uni expects more than 3. Quality over quantity is the motto.

Secondly some unis will not accept resits so check that out before applying. Having said most well respected unis are likely to accept with predictions of A*AA
thanks a lot. but would i probably be better off doing adjustment if i get a few A*s? would i have a good chance for example of getting into a course which is on clearing/adjustment at durham with 3A*s-4A*s?
Original post by helpmeahah123
thanks a lot. but would i probably be better off doing adjustment if i get a few A*s? would i have a good chance for example of getting into a course which is on clearing/adjustment at durham with 3A*s-4A*s?

Probably not as Durham usually have very few courses available for clearing/ adjustment. Also they are likely to be one of the unis who might not accept your resit but you would need to check that out. One of your other problem is the lack of Further Maths and I believe that might rule at least LSE out. You need to look fully into each uni you intend applying to and what the full entry standards are including necessary subjects.

To be honest it was Durham who stated for Maths at an open day that they didn't care if you had 6 A levels. They only cared about 3 and those grades and that you had the appropriate subjects. This is policy for all or possibly almost all unis. You have already got it wrong once. Make sure this time you do not let doing more subjects than needed get in the way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending