The Student Room Group

We don't need "friends", we need good grades.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:K: ermmmmm....okay.

Who wanted a baby so badly you decided to beg someone to impregnate me with their sperm?

You my friend.

Original post by RobML
Ha, gay

like you're mum

Original post by Princepieman
Omg, madhatter is cool :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I AM :woo: :love: ???!!!!
Reply 101
Original post by bluemadhatter
Who wanted a baby so badly you decided to beg someone to impregnate me with their sperm?

You my friend.

like you're mum

*youer

You my friend.

I just love babies so much! :bawling:

Omg, madhatter is cool :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed, she is very "unique".

I don't mean that in a nice way :s-smilie:

yes, cool (and random?) snapchat stories to boot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robertpiktos
I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.
I say we don't.
My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.
Study all week, including weekends and holidays.
Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.
What is important in life is good grades not "friends".

t. Asian Parents
Original post by robertpiktos
I hate this myth that we need "friends" in life.
I say we don't.
My advice to everyone in here is focus 100% on your studies, don't talk or go out with anyone.
Study all week, including weekends and holidays.
Don't ever go out with anyone , sit home and study.
What is important in life is good grades not "friends".

Take it from someone who has been there: if you study hard and get good grades, you get into a top university. If you get into a top university, you will likely go from top of the class to somewhere around or below average on your course. Academic ability then ceases to distinguish you as 'better' than anyone else, so you need to distinguish yourself in other ways. At university, there will be people who got better grades than you, have more money than you, and still manage to party and go out every weekend. And it will be those people who go on to have a good career, because they passed the necessary 'grade filter' and they made the effort to make friends with the right people who can help them get a good job.

If you don't try to network and make friends, you are restricting yourself just as badly as if you bomb in your A levels, because between 70-90% of people who get a decent career and have success in it got there directly or indirectly by 'who they knew' and not just 'what they knew'. Once you leave university, grades are irrelevant, relationships are everything. To be honest with you, I know that some people have to struggle harder than others to get good grades, but it doesn't improve oneself as a person to study all the time and not do anything else. It doesn't even improve your grades necessarily, there's a good chance you're just making yourself ill, mentally and physically. I've seen many people who half killed themselves to get to a good uni, then burnt out completely and had to retake the year.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I just love babies so much! :bawling:

Well you're no longer in our life now so you better go love another baby

yes, cool (and random?) snapchat stories to boot

Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:
Well you're no longer in our life now so you better go love another baby

:h:

You can't take my baby away from me. You are so selfish.
good grades are overrated
i got a*a*a* in my final exams and this doesn't help me feel better about my life now
people i care about do
Balance is everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending