The Student Room Group

Can bilinguals think in both languages?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rambapa
Can you think in Spanish if you force yourself?

Yes
Original post by rambapa
It's ok bashar, no one will know. TSR is full of lies either way.
but I do not lie as I'm the peoples leader of Syria.
Reply 82
Original post by BasharAssad
but I do not lie as I'm the peoples leader of Syria.

lol
I am nowhere near bilingual but I do a little bit of thinking in a second language.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Also, how many times are you going to make the exact same thread?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes. Also, how many times are you going to make the exact same thread?

Can you think in Spanish?
I think if you were born and raised in the Uk you would think in English
Reply 87
Original post by samantham999
I think if you were born and raised in the Uk you would think in English

But bilinguals know 2 languages and some are born and raised in the UK.
Original post by rambapa
But bilinguals know 2 languages and some are born and raised in the UK.

I know, I am bilingual too but we dont use our mother tongue to comunicate do we? Thats really only at home or sometimes we mix english with it
We speak english with everyone public where we spend most of our time so most think in the english language
Me and many others only know a basic level of our mothers language so It would be difficult to think in it too
It really depends on what language you are more fond of and how much you use it/are used to it
Reply 89
Original post by samantham999
I know, I am bilingual too but we dont use our mother tongue to comunicate do we? Thats really only at home or sometimes we mix english with it
We speak english with everyone public where we spend most of our time so most think in the english language
Me and many others only know a basic level of our mothers language so It would be difficult to think in it too
It really depends on what language you are more fond of and how much you use it/are used to it

But you can still think in your mother tongue, right?
Reply 90
Bump
Reply 91
Bump
Reply 92
Bump
Reply 93
Bump
ye. im bilingual and sometimes ill think in english, sometimes in polish. it depends on what im doing. like i just switch organically sometimes from one to the other, or ill switch when I do or think of something I associate with english/polish.

i mostly think in english tho but ive had times where I was thinking in polish, someone asked me a question in english and I reply in polish.
Even from high school Spanish I used to dream in Spanish.
Reply 96
Original post by popcornjpg
ye. im bilingual and sometimes ill think in english, sometimes in polish. it depends on what im doing. like i just switch organically sometimes from one to the other, or ill switch when I do or think of something I associate with english/polish.

i mostly think in english tho but ive had times where I was thinking in polish, someone asked me a question in english and I reply in polish.

What age did you learn English and Polish? Can you think in any other languages?
Reply 97
Bump
Reply 98
Bump
Reply 99
Bump....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending