The Student Room Group

Trump caught on tape talking about sexually harassing women

This tape has just come out and it's blowing up.

I think this will probably be the biggest crisis of the Trump campaign yet. I wonder how the evangelical vote will respond to this. Here are some choice quotes;

“I moved on her like a biitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married.”

“I did try and fucc her. She was married.”

“Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

What Trump is describing there is sexual assault; groping and kissing a woman without even waiting to determine if there is consent. Trump put out a statement describing this is "locker room banter" and blaming Bill Clinton.

What is astonishing is that you can still find people who support and defend this vulgar crook. From what is known about his business history he is clearly a kleptomaniac with absolutely no sense of decency. Hopefully when the election is over he can be properly investigated for all his fraudulent schemes.

[video="youtube;fYqKx1GuZGg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYqKx1GuZGg[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

His own party are already pretty annoyed about this. I saw a call to step down somewhere, and that he's been uninvited from the Republican Fall Fest. It'll be interesting to see how the next debate goes
Original post by AlexanderHam
This tape has just come out and it's blowing up.

I think this will probably be the biggest crisis of the Trump campaign yet. I wonder how the evangelical vote will respond to this.

[video="youtube;fYqKx1GuZGg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYqKx1GuZGg[/video]

Sean Hannity responded by saying king David had 500 concubines. :facepalm:

I wonder why he chose king David and not, for instance, a certain 6th century warlord who had no problem with enslaving women to be concubines.
Oh,how has this man got this far in the presidential election...?

Are you high America?

He is a vile human being
Original post by chelseadagg3r
His own party are already pretty annoyed about this. I saw a call to step down somewhere, and that he's been uninvited from the Republican Fall Fest. It'll be interesting to see how the next debate goes

Fivethirtyeight's election model predicts Hillary Clinton has an 81.8% chance of winning the election (538 was very accurate last time). Since the last debate Trump has tanked in the polls, and it just keeps getting worse. His problem is that while he has a very solid underlying base of support around 38% of the electorate, at this point to have a shot at winning he needs to be broadening his base and his appeal. All of these gaffes make it very hard to win those new voters to his cause.

In terms of Hillary Clinton's path to victory, she has quite a few different combinations in the electoral college and she can afford to lose a few battleground states whereas Trump pretty much needs to win all of them. At this point I simply cannot see how he can broaden out his base, if someone still hasn't committed to Trump at this point I think they will find it very hard to pull the lever in his favour on polling day.

Also, the Clinton campaign has far more money; they are preparing to spend $150 million on ad buys and their swing-state ground game. They've already programmed $75 million in attack ads for the next four weeks compared to Trump's $34 million. There are about ten Clinton ads for every one ad running in battleground states at the moment; the Trump campaign is having to hold back so they can fire an advertising broadside in the last three weeks, whereas the Clinton ad buy is continuous, has been for months now and will carry on all the way to polling day. Also, early voting means that around 40% of the votes will be cast in the three weeks before polling day so the Clinton campaign will benefit from their high current poll numbers and their more even ad buys. At the moment, the Trump campaign is even having to cancel ad buys due to financial issues

I too also look forward to the next debate. Wikileaks released today more emails hacked from the DNC, specifically emails containing transcripts of speeches Clinton made including one at a Brazillian think tank where she expressed her desire that at some point in the future there will be a "hemispheric" (as in the Western Hemisphere, the Americas) free market with open borders and free trade. It is interesting that shortly after that was released the Trump tape came out; I think the Clinton campaign was probably holding it in its pockets.

I think that hemispheric free market will be Clinton's biggest obstacle in the debates but ultimately I don't think it will change the outcome of the election. The sort of people who are disinclined to support Clinton over free trade issues are the sort of people who already support Trump. The sort of people who favour that (Latinos in particular) are a group where she can stand to pick up that remaining 15% who support Trump. She will have to find a good answer to that quote of hers (she can use it to turn attention back onto Trump's Russian connections), but overall I think Trump's quote is more damaging.

NB Isn't it interesting how wikileaks has basically become a propaganda arm of the Russian state. Assange's burning hatred for Clinton would be comical if he weren't allowing himself to be used as a Russian instrument to manipulate American elections. The Russians had better hope Trump gets elected because if it's Clinton they're ****ed; she will never forgive how aggressively they've gone after her.

Also, a UN official made a speech that was critical of Trump and the Russian UN delegation immediately leapt to Trump's defence and made a formal complaint against that official. It's not a coincidence that they are being so emphatic on this issue; Trump would be a wet dream for Russian policy-makers. He's anti-NATO, very pro-Russian and pro-Putin and he's also very easily baited and manipulated; I imagine quite simply Russian psyops could yield huge returns and allow them to influence the presidency far more than any previous occupant of that office.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chelseadagg3r

They're pretty annoyed, but it's not stopping them from continuing to support him. You see spineless hacks like Ted Cruz saying that "there is no excuse for this sort of language" but Cruz is still telling people to vote for him (even after Trump insulted his wife as ugly and claimed his father was a murderer). Some people have no shame; that probably sums up most of the GOP right now.
Reply 7
Hardly a surprise. I fear this might make little difference, the US electorate seem so dumb. Let's hope it kills him though. He makes Bush seem like a statesman
This is exactly why Trump says 'political correctness is killing' the US. This is just a bit of banter between guys, but the SJWs and establishment media are crying 'sexist' and 'misogynist' and whatnot. This is exactly why Trump is polling at such high numbers - people are fighting against this ultra-political correctness!
I hope Americans will realise that this is banter and not get caught up in feminist ********
Original post by Unown Uzer
This is exactly why Trump says 'political correctness is killing' the US. This is just a bit of banter between guys, but the SJWs and establishment media are crying 'sexist' and 'misogynist' and whatnot. This is exactly why Trump is polling at such high numbers - people are fighting against this ultra-political correctness!

So you think it shows him in a good light and its harmless fun?
You approve of his views and what he said?
It will appeal to the voters if he does more of it?
Thank goodness. I really do think despite the mea culpa, that's him done. Hilary really needs to skewer him in the debate tomorrow. The question I have is whether the Washington Post was sitting on this tape biding their time or whether it genuinely has just come to light. You can bet your bottom dollar there's more where that came from
(edited 7 years ago)
The people who are voting for Trump will still vote for him, even if tapes like these come flooding in. It's sad.
For some reason this comes as little suprise to me.
I'm interested to find out how many of you heard about the Podesta Emails that Wikileaks released a couple of hours before Billy Bush. I also wonder about how many of you heard about the Pay To Play schemes by Clinton, which were released by Guccifer 2.0 a few days ago. See? The mainstream media is manipulating you like it's the Cold War and you are in the Soviet Union. Too bad you are so out of touch with reality and have no critical thinking whatsoever.
I saw it earlier and it was absolutely and utterly disgusting. I'm not entirely convinced however that it'll tarnish his image to the extent that he loses supporters - especially considering the abhorrent things he has already said in the past. Suffice it to say, he is probably going to lose some support within the party.
Reply 16
Original post by TishoHristov
I'm interested to find out how many of you heard about the Podesta Emails that Wikileaks released a couple of hours before Billy Bush. I also wonder about how many of you heard about the Pay To Play schemes by Clinton, which were released by Guccifer 2.0 a few days ago. See? The mainstream media is manipulating you like it's the Cold War and you are in the Soviet Union. Too bad you are so out of touch with reality and have no critical thinking whatsoever.

Expect the media has been covering it. Politico, the observer and others have covered it. This is simply a case of a conspiracy nut assuming something is not news because their badly informed. In the first case the Podesta Emails were mundane campaign chatter. Even the second lot had little in them. The kick backs from banks was concerning but hardly rather shattering news unfortunately. I imagine the media does not want to cover news that is part of a Russian attempt to manipulate an election.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Expect the media has been covering it. Politico, the observer and others have covered it. This is simply a case of a conspiracy nut assuming something is not news because their badly informed. In the first case the Podesta Emails were mundane campaign chatter. Even the second lot had little in them. The kick backs from banks was concerning but hardly rather shattering news unfortunately. I imagine the media does not want to cover news that is part of a Russian attempt to manipulate an election.

They did cover it but the coverage was so lame, compared to the priority they are giving to Billy Bush. As far as the Podesta emails go, yes, it's mostly campaign chatter but some are quite interesting. And let's not forget that there are more than 50 000 emails to be released in the next 30 days. In addition, we have no reason to believe that the Russians are in any way involved in this. It's just some small talk by the DNC and their cronies. And what do the Russians have to gain from this? Hillary has already transferred large piles of US uranium to Russia after one of her paid speeches to a Russian bank when she was a Secretary of State. What stops her from being bribed again?

This one is also interesting. Here she says that the Saudis have exported more extreme ideology than any other place on Earth, and yet the US recently concluded a $1B arms deal with them.
https://t.co/2kL8e8fz5W

And do I need to remind what previous emails have revealed about how Hillary and her campaign refer to Blacks and Latinos?

PS. It's "they're"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Athena64
The people who are voting for Trump will still vote for him, even if tapes like these come flooding in. It's sad.

A post-facts political age I think. Democracy is becoming dangerous - making everyone feel too entitled and intelligent. There's a lack of humility about how we act nowadays and I don't think it's good. When are people going to concede that they aren't experts in everything?
Original post by Unown Uzer

Really? You think describing acts of sexual assault is harmless banter?

Tell me, when was the last time you slept with a woman who wasn't crying or demanding payment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending