The Student Room Group

Guys can you admit, that MOST guys cheat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
I don't think I've met a man who hasn't cheated.

My grandfather had a mistress
My dad has cheated
My cousins husband likes me
Guys who have girlfriends still hit on me
Guys with wife's hit on me

And girls are just as bad....all my girl cousins cheat on their man but I've noticed that they only do it when they aren't happy with them not getting attention ect not that it makes it right .Guys do it more so just because they can.

Ego much?
Reply 21
Don't forget monogamy isn't actually a natural human behaviour and from a biological stand point I guess men are designed "cheat" but I have faith that most men in our society don't/won't. Of course there will always be those who do, same for women.
Stop going for and hanging around with ****boys then.
:lol:

Guys are probably always more at risk to temptation. 'MOST' seems very unfair though.

Plenty of girls would soon forget about their boyfriends if they got a chance with a hotter guy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ed98
Don't forget monogamy isn't actually a natural human behaviour and from a biological stand point I guess men are designed "cheat" but I have faith that most men in our society don't/won't. Of course there will always be those who do, same for women.

Girls cheat but I think they can control themselves better for some reason.

I see guys walking with their girls with a baby in the stroller and they're still checking out girls.
Reply 25

My dad has cheated

And girls are just as bad....all my girl cousins cheat on their man but I've noticed that they only do it when they aren't happy with them not getting attention ect not that it makes it right .Guys do it more so just because they can.

You are using about 5 men to generalise roughly 3.5 billion men.
Maybe you should assosiate with classier men
I was bored one day not long ago so started reading about this by accident and it got quite interesting.

Men are biologically predisposed to cheat. It's an evolutionary tool that's developed over generations to ensure men invest in their genes' survival by mating with as many females as possible. Funnily enough, current theory suggests this is linked to sexual infidelity in women. The more unfaithful the females of a species are, the bigger a male's testicles are in order to ensure their genes are preserved as they have to go looking for other females, ergo why so many men cheat because they have a biological drive to impregnate as many women as possible. Gorillas have smaller testicles than humans because the females are more faithful so there's less need for them to continually produce vast quantities of sperm, so the men cheat less. Opposite true of chimpanzees and we lie in the middle (which would of course imply the number of males who cheat is dictated by the number of females who do likewise)

Go figure

(Societally, that doesn't excuse cheating and in our non-animalistic world it's totally unacceptable of course, but, biologically speaking, men who cheat cannot be blamed)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like if you have life experience you'd know that most (not all) but a good majority of guys cheat. Look at your friends and how they act when they are in relationships.

I can think of 5 friends I have who are in relationships. 4 are guys, one's a girl.

The girl hasn't been cheated on to her knowledge, that relationship has been a thing for like... less than a year?

Guy 1 is in a relationship that's sort of in its infancy really, but he doesn't appear to have any plans to shag any other girls at present.

Guy 2 has been in his relationship for not-quite 3 years, hasn't cheated, wouldn't cheat, appears to be an extremely happy relationship as far as anybody can see.

Guy 3 is similar to Guy 1 except it's only been 1 year, not 3.

Guy 4 has been in an utterly dysfunctional relationship with numerous one day "break ups" across its history. It's been 3 and a bit years and it's gotten to the point where his relationship's so bad he's even gone as far as accidentally acquiring romantic feelings for other girls. Despite this, he has not cheated and has always stated he would never do that under any circumstances (I had to inquire given that he seemed to fancy other gals)

Moving onto my family, my grandfather never cheated, my father has had 3 failed marriages but cheating was never a cause of the divorces, out of 3 of my uncles one of them cheated on his now-ex wife and that I believe was something like 20-something years ago. Never cheated on his current lass who he's been with for as long as I can remember.

So out of all the folk I can presently think of that I know, 1 out of 10 has cheated at one point 20 years ago, and that doesn't appear to be a reflection of the man he is nowadays. 10% is not a majority. So, if we're accepting purely one person's experience as damning irrefutable evidence now, I can now categorically state that you're wrong.

You're wrong.
Reply 28

I see guys walking with their girls with a baby in the stroller and they're still checking out girls.

But just because they check out other girls doesn't mean they are going to cheat. That's a huge and unfair leap to make if I'm honest.
Reply 29
weak people cheat. theres weak men and weak women
I feel like having a healthy discussion about this. I feel like if you have life experience you'd know that most (not all) but a good majority of guys cheat. Look at your friends and how they act when they are in relationships. Idk I just feel like talking about it.

I think that women, are just as, if not more, likely to cheat than your average man, i'm sorry!
Original post by john2054
I think that women, are just as, if not more, likely to cheat than your average man, i'm sorry!

Why
Why

It's all about the big D huh?
You worded the question to put words in our mouths.
Reply 34
Why

women are constantly bombarded with offers [either direct or indirect] which can range from random guys with an agenda trying to talk to you at the bus stop or street or shop, ...to the 100 likes you just received on facebook for uploading a simple selfie. Dick is constantly being offered to females

and on nights out, most girls are approached and pursued by guys looking for action. Many will not care if you say you have a bf and will continue to pursue.

your typical bloke on the other hand does not get pussy thrown at him like this. He has consciously make an effort to pursue women ...and often incurs a lot of rejection.

women are probably slightly less inclined to cheat, but i honestly believe that due to how easy it is and how often temptations are thrown at them that they are cheating just as much ...if not more than men.

My dad has cheated

Just becoz your family is messed up no need to generalise all guys like that
I can make such statements because I do know many guys and seen a lot of mess.

There's like 4 billion men in the world and you're generalising that most men are going to cheat in their lifetime. The men you know are a tiny proportion.

You come off as incredibly insecure about relationships you know.

And that automatically means they'll cheat on them how?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There's like 4 billion men in the world and you're generalising that most men are going to cheat in their lifetime. The men you know are a tiny proportion.

You come off as incredibly insecure about relationships you know.

I've let my exes go to strip clubs no problem I'm not insecure. Having an opinion doesn't make me insecure.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
And that automatically means they'll cheat on them how?

No shows lack of control was my point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending