The Student Room Group

Favourite away day

Every football fan always loves an away day, but what is your favourite day?
An away day for most United fans (including me) is a home game

Out of the few I've done, Fulham or Stoke
Agree with that. Takes me ages to plan a trip to Old Trafford these days, would love the opportunity to move closer but the wages on offer in the North West just don't compare to what's on offer elsewhere. One of my uncles has been a season tiket holder for decades and he commutes from Kent every game with his wife.

My favourite ground was Upton Park, i've been to West Ham's new ground too and it just doesn't compare. Excellent stadium it just isn't suited for football. They should have torn up the running track and built a new athletics stadium somewhere else.
(edited 7 years ago)
Newcastle said no one ever although it does wonders on my glutes
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Watching the reds win 3-0 atOld Trafford was a perfect away day...
David Moyes is a football genius
Always found Norwich to be a good away day.
Original post by Rock Fan
Always found Norwich to be a good away day.

Norwich is a lovely city too, my only problem with it is that it's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't even a motorway, if you're approaching it from the south it's literally just one long country road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Norwich is a lovely city too, my only problem with it is that it's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't even a motorway, if you're approaching it from the south it's literally just one long country road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least the city centre has been pedestrianised.
Stoke away is a good day out, train station relatively central and theres a short walk to some good pubs, then the bus service taking you directly to the ground. seen us win both times there aswell and quite close to the tunnel and pitch.
When I went to see Forest beat Derby away 2-1 last year. Was down 1-0 until 70 odd mins we equalised then Osborn scores a banger in stoppage time. Fans went mental.
Original post by Wilfred Little
At least the city centre has been pedestrianised.

I'm dead against it.

Quick Reply

Latest