The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It can take up to 3 weeks. Don't worry about it so much, if it doesn't show up then just call them and it'll get sorted, it's not as if you don't have evidence of your pass.
Reply 2
Original post by samcp21
Hello, I passed my practical driving test on the 4th of this month and still have yet to receive my driving licence in the post, it's coming up close to the 3 week waiting period that they state on the certificate so I'm getting a bit frustrated that it's taking so long.

Has anyone else's taken as long as this? Most of my friends got theirs in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for the help.

I would wait until the waiting period was up and then phone. They may have a lot to issue/reissue right now and aren't as quick as they usually are. Although, if you are concerned you could still phone them up and ask about it - just note that there is the possibility that they ask that you wait and phone back once the three week waiting period is over.
Reply 3
Original post by EmmaCx
I would wait until the waiting period was up and then phone. They may have a lot to issue/reissue right now and aren't as quick as they usually are. Although, if you are concerned you could still phone them up and ask about it - just note that there is the possibility that they ask that you wait and phone back once the three week waiting period is over.

They did exactly that, called them earlier today and they basically said they couldn't help me until after the 3 weeks is up.
Reply 4
Original post by Luneth
It can take up to 3 weeks. Don't worry about it so much, if it doesn't show up then just call them and it'll get sorted, it's not as if you don't have evidence of your pass.

Yeah I'm not overly worried since I have my certificate and what not, would just be nice to have it official lol.
Reply 5
Original post by samcp21
Hello, I passed my practical driving test on the 4th of this month and still have yet to receive my driving licence in the post, it's coming up close to the 3 week waiting period that they state on the certificate so I'm getting a bit frustrated that it's taking so long.

Has anyone else's taken as long as this? Most of my friends got theirs in 2 weeks or less.

Thanks for the help.

To confirm, you did hand over your old licence, right?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
To confirm, you did hand over your old licence, right?

yep, the examiner took it off me as soon as I had passed and said I will receive my licence within 20 working days.
Reply 7
Original post by samcp21
yep, the examiner took it off me as soon as I had passed and said I will receive my licence within 20 working days.

Just making sure :')

It's a busy period for the DVLA this time of year, so it is to be expected that the wait times could hit or even overshoot the estimate.
Reply 8
Hay i am having the same issue its been 15 days now and the lady said they are really busy in this period of time i think thats the reason they are this much long
Reply 9
I'm waiting for mine too was 2 weeks today
Reply 10
And I need it for Thursday as I'm supposed to be picking a car up ! And they need to see it don't know what to do
Reply 11
Did u get yours back if so how long did it take ?
Reply 12
Original post by Leigh542
And I need it for Thursday as I'm supposed to be picking a car up ! And they need to see it don't know what to do

No one needs to see your driving license for you to pick up a car; that is ridiculous. You just need a valid insurance certificate.
Reply 13
Original post by IWMTom
No one needs to see your driving license for you to pick up a car; that is ridiculous. You just need a valid insurance certificate.

I think it's because I've got the car on finance
Reply 14
I think it's because I've got the car on finance

You can access your driving license records through the DVLA website.
Reply 15
Original post by IWMTom
You can access your driving license records through the DVLA website.

I keep checking on there but it haven't been updated still says I've got a provisional
Reply 16
I keep checking on there but it haven't been updated still says I've got a provisional

You have the pass certificate, and the DVLA check code to prove you have no points. That's all you need.
Reply 17
Fingers crossed they will accept that ! I'm dying to get my car :frown:
Reply 18
The advices I see here are based on the assumption that DVLA updates the licence details right after you pass your driving test. On the contrary: I have appeared to have a "provisional driving licence" in the online DVLA records for 14 days after the exam.

I have made an online inquiry the day before, their answer came in 2 days saying it may take up to 4 weeks more till I receive it in the post. I am still waiting for my driving licence by the way (today it's 15th day following the exam)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mealos
The advices I see here are based on the assumption that DVLA updates the licence details right after you pass your driving test. On the contrary: I have appeared to have a "provisional driving licence" in the online DVLA records for 14 days after the exam.

I have made an online inquiry the day before, their answer came in 2 days saying it may take up to 4 weeks more till I receive it in the post. I am still waiting for my driving licence by the way (today it's 15th day following the exam)

This is why they issue pass certificates as evidence of your status...

Latest

Trending

Trending