The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Are my grades good enough for Economics at Nottingham?

Are my grades good enough?

AS:
A - Maths (C1 98, C2 100, S1 84)
A - Physics (only 74%)
A - Economics (only 79%)

A2:

A - Maths (note, no A*)

Module UMS/100: C1 98, C2 100, S1 84, C3 88, C4 86, M1 86, S2 93, M2 92

Taking Further Maths, Physics, Economics and retaking C3/C4 this year, prdicted 2A* and 2A's. I realise Economics at Nottingham is extremely competitive, I think my personal statement is good, so assuming it is on par with other candidates, will I likely get an offer? I also realise there are many variables, but is it likely?

I have already applied (before 15th Oct).
Hello,

I applied for Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Nottingham and I got an offer in 4ish days with AAB at AS level (A in Econ, A in Politics and B in Maths). Your Maths unit percentages are way better than mine (along with that A in maths hot damn) and we have the same economics grade so I'd say there's a very good chance of getting into Economics if you have a decent personal statement.

What do you mean by "only 79%" by the way, are they raw mark percentages?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by PrinceAli
Hello,

I applied for Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Nottingham and I got an offer in 4ish days with AAB at AS level (A in Econ, A in Politics and B in Maths). Your Maths unit percentages are way better than mine (along with that A in maths hot damn) and we have the same economics grade so I'd say there's a very good chance of getting into Economics if you have a decent personal statement.

What do you mean by "only 79%" by the way, are they raw mark percentages?

Raw mark yeah. It's my fifth choice but my friend already has an offer with lower grades than mine, so I'm pretty confused atm. Maybe it was to do with a fee status assessment or something?
Reply 3
From what I hear Notts usually let in candidates that get AAB so you should be fine.
Original post by Yaboi
From what I hear Notts usually let in candidates that get AAB so you should be fine.

Even for Economics?

Thanks for clearing that up :smile: I've applied to all high risk uni's with Notts being my fifth choice, so I'm glad to hear I will most likely not go into clearing :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Teenage Hype
Even for Economics?

Thanks for clearing that up :smile: I've applied to all high risk uni's with Notts being my fifth choice, so I'm glad to hear I will most likely not go into clearing :tongue:

Yeh I meant more specifically for Economics, You'll get the usual offer of AAA or w/e it is but as long as you get AAB you'll get in.
Reply 6
For four A Levels, the entry requirements for Economics at The University of Nottingham are A*ABB. So, with A*A*AA, I think you're well on your way.
Reply 7
Sorry to hijack this thread but what chances do you think I stand:

6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE
4As at AS (Maths, Economics, Geography, History)
3A* predictions (above minus history)
Personal statement includes economics related EPQ, model United Nations and extra reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by joddcfc
Sorry to hijack this thread but what chances do you think I stand:

6A*, 4A, 1C at GCSE
4As at AS (Maths, Economics, Geography, History)
3A* predictions (above minus history)
Personal statement includes economics related EPQ, model United Nations and extra reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guaranteed offer.
Reply 9
Original post by Yaboi
Guaranteed offer.

Great - thanks!
I'm applying this year and have left college and got:
Business A*
Economics A
Maths B

But I'm retaking my maths but i'm kind of hoping Nottingham will give me an unconditional offer.
Hi,

I currently have an offer from Nottingham for 2017 entry. Its for Economics L100.
At AS I got 2 As in maths and further maths.
Predicted 3 A*s in maths, further maths and economics, plus an A in physics.

Hope that helps :tongue:
http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c%5Bq%5D=economics+nottingham 83% of applicants seem to get offers so particularly with your great grades I'd say you're guaranteed an offer, don't worry!
Also got an offer today at A*AA
Reply 14
Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx
http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=%E2%9C%93&c%5Bq%5D=economics+nottingham 83% of applicants seem to get offers so particularly with your great grades I'd say you're guaranteed an offer, don't worry!

That is Nottingham Trent not University of Nottingham.
Original post by Invest
That is Nottingham Trent not University of Nottingham.

Nottingham is under Nottingham Trent, you might want to check again...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending