The Student Room Group

Should we have a Purge night?

For those of you who don't know - The Purge is 12 hours where any crime, including murder is legal.
This has apparently led to a society without crime throughout the rest of the year due to this one night being devoted to the people being able to get it all out of their system.

Imagine if we had this period of time.
What would you do?
What would everyone else do?
Who would survive?

I personally would hole myself up in my basement with my family and close friends XD

Scroll to see replies

No it shouldnt be real as people who want to kill you will stop at nothing to achieve it and well its going to be a hugeeeee mess
Reply 2
There's enough killer clowns as it is...
Reply 3
Original post by SilverActor2033
This has apparently led to a society without crime throughout the rest of the year

Think you're misusing the word "has".
Reply 4
Omg, that would be my worst nightmare but could easily be possible…. :/

We would all die. Your "friends" would probably end up killing you… lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Think you're misusing the word "has".

:| How should it be used/what should be used in its place?
It would be the most dreadful thing imaginable. Sick ****ers getting their hands on children and everything. No, just no.
Would give me a reason to use my chainsaw.
:hmmmm:
Reply 8
Oh hell no. :naughty:
Bye bye liberals.
when a movie concept becomes a question that one must actually contemplate... how about no :tongue:
I find it slightly odd that most people already are like "nooooooope. We gonna die."
The population of a species is kept in check by predators and such. This ensures there's a "balance" in numbers and it even protects the species because the ecosystem/ecosphere is not ravaged by a single species. Animal populations that are not kept in check usually end up overruning the area and consequently destroy the very environment which they need to survive. This is the state where the human race is at.

We need a purge.
I'm not sure it would end very well for children. Would also be lovely for terrorists.
Do you think in the films it's just in America or across the globe?
:| How should it be used/what should be used in its place?

It shouldn't.
The rule of law and order.
Original post by Drewski
It shouldn't.
The rule of law and order.

I'm confused a little, sorry.
I came here expecting the OP wanted to hold a party at which syrup of figs would be handed out at the door.
Do you think in the films it's just in America or across the globe?

I think it is just in America cuz the world is not cooperative enough to cook up something like this and implement it together...
I'd rather have a 12 hour zombie apocalypse than a purge for 12 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest