University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Course: Philosophy
Universities: Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham (offer), Manchester (offer), Exeter
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAABB
AS grades (predicted/achieved): AAAC
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*A*A & A* EPQ
Extra curricular: Public speaking, volunteering, student leadership team, Amnesty International, Philosophy society

:-)
Original post by OzymandiasII
I am (open application though), are you preparing, I'm just reading more philosophy and going to look over the specification paper.

Same here, nothing much more we can do really, haha. Good luck!
Reply 582
Original post by soooo0
128 UCAS Points (basically one B from 2 A levels, I put it down in case I screwed up) and I got an offer from York today, conditional ABB

Thats amazing! look at you getting offers everyday, Im still waiting after weeks xD
Original post by MJ15
Thats amazing! look at you getting offers everyday, Im still waiting after weeks xD

Aw don't worry your grades are amazing, they'll all come through soon.
Course: Accounting & Finance
Universities: Nottingham, Bath, Reading, UEA and LSE
GCSE grades: 7A*s 4As
AS grades (predicted/achieved): AAAB (Maths, Psychology, Accounting and Economics)+ A in EPQ
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): AAA (Maths, Accounting and Economics)

Still waiting for references to be approved so my application hasn't even been fully sent and I'm torturing myself looking at everyone's offers :bawling:
Update: now have 3/5 offers woo!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 585
Original post by hope0livia

Any other Philosophy applicants? Anybody else taking the Philosophy Admission test for Oxford?

I have applied for Philosophy at Cambridge! How are you feeling about Oxbridge interviews? I went to a preparation day at Keble college the other week and the most important thing that I learnt was to precisely define the terms in the question before even attempting to answer (e.g justified) They also advised that you offer an answer, criticise your answer and then critique that criticism, as it were.
Anyone else applying for pharmacology/life sciences/biological sciences
Lol it comes under different things for different unis
Course: History
Universities: Exeter, Glasgow, Reading, Southampton, Sussex
GCSE grades: 2A*s 7As and 2Bs
AS grades: BBB
A2 grades (predicted): ABB
Original post by eruditeprincess
My application hasn't even gone in yet and probably won't go for a few more weeks but I'm terrified of being rejected from my chosen universities!! My sixth form team at school have asked about other places for me to apply if I get 5 rejections and it's made me scared that I won't get in anywhere. Idk if I'm being silly but I really want to get in to university!

If you have a sensible spread of potential choices; some above, some at, and some below your predictions you will get offers. Most people receive at least 4 or 5 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've already posted in this thread. But now I have a question. I'm an international student who still has tests to take. I just took my ACT last week. I'll be taking SAT Subject Tests in December and the SAT in January (it might be the other way around, I have to check. I probably won't get scores until after I send in my picaroon. Probably will only have my ACT score. Should I just send it in now with grades pending or what until I get the ACT score and maybe the SAT score if I can find a test center in November (full at my school.) I have everything else filled in besides that. Also what do you think of applying to two different courses at a university? One of the schools I'm applying to is University of Nottingham and I'm interested in both the BA Politics and International Relations as well as MSci International Relations and Grobal Issues. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a MSci degree? It's a four year undergraduate degree where you gain a masters qualification.
I know that's alot of questions. But I'd really appreciate some answers.
Original post by jneill
If you have a sensible spread of potential choices; some above, some at, and some below your predictions you will get offers. Most people receive at least 4 or 5 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! My issue is my school haven't given me my predicted grades and nobody has their predicted grades and so that's causing me anxiety. Plus drama is non-linear and so last year counts and because this year has, through my stupidity and discomfort, not got off to a good start, drama is the one most likely to blow my application and cause me problems moving forward, along with cause the rest of my group problems as I am obviously holding them back from getting good grades for drama and succeeding.
Thank you! My issue is my school haven't given me my predicted grades and nobody has their predicted grades and so that's causing me anxiety. Plus drama is non-linear and so last year counts and because this year has, through my stupidity and discomfort, not got off to a good start, drama is the one most likely to blow my application and cause me problems moving forward, along with cause the rest of my group problems as I am obviously holding them back from getting good grades for drama and succeeding.

I agree they should tell your predictions, otherwise how can you be expected to apply to appropriate universities.

Have they given you a date?
Original post by jneill
I agree they should tell your predictions, otherwise how can you be expected to apply to appropriate universities.

Have they given you a date?

Nope. They want us to apply by December 31st.
Nope. They want us to apply by December 31st.

Plenty of time then.

I would say, though, if they have given you a deadline, then it's only fair for you to give them a deadline for your predictions. Have you asked?
Original post by NoahMal
Yep I study BTEC ICT

Thank God!! I haven't seen anyone studying BTECs in this thread until now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessicaac
Thank God!! I haven't seen anyone studying BTECs in this thread until now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also do : Maths, further maths, physics, EPQ and AEA (dependant on offer)
Application sent on the 31/10/2016

Course: History and Politics or some variant
Universities: Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham and Aberdeen
GCSE grades: A*A*AAAABCCC
AS grades (achieved) AABD plus predicted A* in my EPQ
A2 grades (predicted) A*AA

Offers;

Glasgow (conditional on achieving AAB)
Birmingham (conditional on achieving AAB or ABB with an A in EPQ)
Aberdeen (conditional on achieving BBB)
Durham- Mildert (conditional on achieving A*AA)

Good luck everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Name: Beth :smile:
Course: Neuroscience
GCSEs: 5A*, 5A, 2B, 1C
I already have 3 A2s, A*AA in English, History and Biology
This year I'm doing psychology and chemistry with A*A predictions :smile:
Applying to
Oxford
Bristol (Conditional offer)
Edinburgh
UCL
KCL :smile:
So excited already!
Reply 598
Original post by soooo0
Aw don't worry your grades are amazing, they'll all come through soon.

Course: Earth science/ Geology
Universities: Oxford, leeds (offer A*AA), bristol (offer AAB), Exeter (offer AAB), and Birmingham (offer unconditional). :smile:
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAABB
AS grades (achieved): AAAA
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*A*A

Good luck everyone!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending