The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yukicookie
They have started scoring them. I got an email from them:
"Thank you for your application to study at the University of Bristol. We have begun assessing your application, and are now awaiting your UK Clinical Aptitude test (UKCAT) results before we can progress further with our assessment. You do not need to send us these yourself, as we should receive your UKCAT results directly from their team in the coming weeks."I applied for Gateway to Medicine though, so I'm not sure if applicants to A100 will receive this email too.

I'm not sure why, but I kind of had the thought that the universities were just leaving our applications alone until they received our admission test scores :lol:

I guess that's because I'm applying to universities that don't really use the UKCAT :redface:
Did anyone get an email from UCL regarding work experience?
Original post by isabella1999
Bristol has some interview dates at the end of November (they have published all the dates on the website) so assuming they will send out some interviews as soon as they get UKCAT results which is scary :redface: Do you know anything about when Birmingham start sending interview invites? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

According to the last year's thread (University of Birmingham Medicine 2016 Entry), interview invites were sent out from Nov 10th. First interviews were around Nov 29th. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 1563
will getting band 3 and an average ukcat score 645 put me at disadvantage. I applied to Barts lol
But, I do have great GCSEs and AS levels and prediction A*A*AA
Original post by 11...
will getting band 3 and an average ukcat score 645 put me at disadvantage. I applied to Barts lol
But, I do have great GCSEs and AS levels and prediction A*A*AA

You need to apply tactically and focus on your strengths. I'm in a similar situation to you where I achieved 630 average Band 2. Because of this, I only applied to unis which don't focus much on the UKCAT - Keele, Cardiff, Birmingham and Leicester. I too have good GCSEs (8A*s 2As) so I used this to my advantage.

I know Barts rank candidates on a combination of UKCAT and predictions (not sure about GCSEs) so :s-smilie: you're 50/50 depending on other applicants and whether or not your GCSEs and Predictions can pull up your UKCAT

Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by First choice
According to the last year's thread (University of Birmingham Medicine 2016 Entry), interview invites were sent out from Nov 10th. First interviews were around Nov 29th. Hope this helps :smile:

Oh okay thanks!
Reply 1566
will King's College give me an interview with 645 and band 3 in ukcat???????? kinda worried
I just applied because I loved the open day and it is like my dream uni. My other choices are realistic though like UEA, Barts and UCL(BMAT).
I got 8A* 3A 2B - B in english language
AAAB Maths, Bio, Chem I got A and then B in Economics
I am carrying on all four A levels
Predicted A*A*AB
Predicted A in EPQ

My personal statement is really good according to my teachers - work experiences, volunteering etc.

Am I going to get rejection before interview just because of my poor ukcat
Reply 1567
I know someone who got into KCL medicine with AAB at A2. that gave me some reassurance lol
Reply 1568
seriously, student room is so helpful when you don't actually know that many people wanting to study medicine
Original post by 11...
seriously, student room is so helpful when you don't actually know that many people wanting to study medicine

Agreed! Same position I am in in too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So UKCAT scores get sent to unis next week, right?
Original post by Nuba123
So UKCAT scores get sent to unis next week, right?

First week of November they said, yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bright_Gift
First week of November they said, yes

Remember that it will take all Unis time to process these results, they wont be making instant decisions - and also that decision could be to put you on Hold until the New Year while they rank and assess results from early interviews etc.
Original post by returnmigrant
Remember that it will take all Unis time to process these results, they wont be making instant decisions - and also that decision could be to put you on Hold until the New Year while they rank and assess results from early interviews etc.

Yep, I'm polishing my art of patience
Original post by Bright_Gift
Yep, I'm polishing my art of patience

I'm so nervous!
Whats the earliest interview date likely to be?
Reply 1576
Original post by chrisdale98
Whats the earliest interview date likely to be?

I know Birmingham's start on the 28th November :redface:
Anyone know if score of 42.5 for Leicester is good enough and achevied A2 A*A*A* but GCSEs not so great 3 A* 3 As and rest all Bs in AS all As,my son applied to Exeter ,Liverpool and foundation medicine Southampton too.Does he stand any chance he is on a Gap year going to volunteer in a village hospital in Pakistan for four weeks end of November and December he has sent information to the universites of his unavailability during this time by email and on UCAS .His UKCAT is 663 band 1 think total was 1990
(edited 7 years ago)
As long as those universities aren't GCSE heavy I think he stands a pretty good chance of getting at least an interview somewhere
Original post by S1966
Anyone know if score of 42.5 for Leicester is good enough and achevied A2 A*A*A* but GCSEs not so great 3 A* 3 As and rest all Bs in AS all As,my son applied to Exeter ,Liverpool and foundation medicine Southampton too.Does he stand any chance he is on a Gap year going to volunteer in a village hospital in Pakistan for four weeks end of November and December he has sent information to the universites of his unavailability during this time by email and on UCAS .His UKCAT is 663 band 1 think total was 1990

I think he should be ok with the A* at A level x 3 as long as he did them in 2 years with not many resits

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending